• 2 weeks later...
Is that just for clarinets, or for every instrument?  I'd love to get my hands on the bassoon mp3s if so...

They have them for every instrument. They make recordings of all the etudes played by college professors, usually one recording at a slow tempo to help you learn it and then up to tempo to let you know what its supposed to sound like. Then they usually spend some time talking about the etudes and giving advice. Last year they were made by the Texas Tech professors.

• 3 weeks later...
Since I won't make all-region I really don't care.

You can do it the terminator! Have more faith in yourself! If you want it, go out and get it! How bad do you want it?!

If you haven't noticed, I'm really fired up right now! lol I hope the UT professor does the bassoon CD. =) That would make me one happy bassoonist.

I'm going all out on region music this year! :lol:

You can order the CDs of the state music at Texas Tech's site, Texas Tech State Band CD Recordings, There's a paragraph/link on the right side which opens up a pdf file. The CDs are like $11-12 each, unless you buy a case of 13, lol. B) Each CD comes with a recording for each etude at practice speed and performance speed. It also says that it comes with a masterclass covering preperation and performance tips and such.