Cavies

Tnilli

After going to SA im sold...cavies will take it home again this year. I'm not even a huge cavies fan, but they are on another level than everyone else. IMHO the gap between them and cadets was way to small.

Plus them and glassmen (yes, glassmen) have the best sounds i heard in finals all night. They were the only two corps that you could hear every bit of music from every instrument during the whole show. Very enjoyable.

Let the race for 2nd begin... <_<

SCV's show is a really really cool show in my opinion, they just got to pull it together now. The Cavalier's show is, as yall have said already, really clean. I saw the Cadets show for the first time, and maybe it was just me, but I wasnt all that impressed. I like the blue devils as well, but who doesnt love crazy high trumpets playing every 2 minutes.

What did you think of the Scouts? I'm curious. We haven't had any outside opinions since the first couple of weeks.

I don't think any of you know this but the Cavies have no lives outside of practicing. They have very little time to hang out cause they practice so much. They deserve first place, but they had to sacrafice the fun of being in a corp.

I don't think any of you know this but the Cavies have no lives outside of practicing. They have very little time to hang out cause they practice so much. They deserve first place, but they had to sacrafice the fun of being in a corp.

If it wasn't fun, no one would do it. :P I think its VERY fun!

I love madison. I loved your show! SCV, Madison, and PR are my 3 favorite corps. Yalls show was very catchy and well performed. I think you have a good shot of making a run. But again...cavies are just too darn good...even if all they do is practice.

What Division I drum corps doesn't practice all the time?

The gap between Cadets and Cavies is way too close to be saying that the Cavies are the definite winner. I, for one, find the Cadets show to be very complex, and they'll be able to take it much farther and expand upon it, and it won't max out until the very end.

Oh, and I actually enjoyed the show. I just chose to ignore all the Cadets-bashing posts about how weird it was and stuff, and just enjoyed it for what it is: something new and innovative... unlike the Blue Devils, which to me seemed like a rehash of their recent show designs + tons of annoying voiceovers, and bored me to tears. (Except for the Super C's of course).

Honestly, the whistiling of Kill Bill, was just awesome.

The gap between Cadets and Cavies is way too close to be saying that the Cavies are the definite winner. I, for one, find the Cadets show to be very complex, and they'll be able to take it much farther and expand upon it, and it won't max out until the very end.

Oh, and I actually enjoyed the show. I just chose to ignore all the Cadets-bashing posts about how weird it was and stuff, and just enjoyed it for what it is: something new and innovative... unlike the Blue Devils, which to me seemed like a rehash of their recent show designs + tons of annoying voiceovers, and bored me to tears. (Except for the Super C's of course).

Honestly, the whistiling of Kill Bill, was just awesome.

Hey! Skippy

I totally agree with you all the way dude!

:):rolleyes:B)

The Cavies are good but they are a dynasty that will fall very soon. In 03 the Blue Devils beat'em and in '04 The Cavies and BD were very close and Blue Devils even beat them about a week before Finals. I think that the Cadets and eventually BD will have a chance at first.

Although im not the biggest Cadets fan...i would like to see them take it home this year. Or even have madison make the run for it. Im tired of Cavies and BD. After reading these posts and such...it does seem that down the line cavies will be caught. I guess i was just so amazed at there level already at SA i jumped the gun. Sorry all!

From EODrillDesigner98's thread..

This updates are as of July 21, 2005!

Division I Corps

01. 89.450 The Cadets

02. 88.900 Blue Devils

03. 88.800 The Cavaliers

04. 87.400 Bluecoats

05. 87.150 Phantom Regiment

06. 86.800 Madison Scouts

Here is July 25th Competitions Rank Updates!

Division I (DCI)

01. 91.775 The Cavaliers

02. 91.150 The Cadets

03. 89.775 Blue Devils

04. 88.550 Madison Scouts

05. 87.800 Phantom Regiment

06. 87.350 Bluecoats