He11 yeah I'm excited about band camp!! This is my last year, and it's going out with a bang!! I'm going all out this year, with everything! There are some big changes a foot in our program so I'm really excited about everything. Too bad this is the last year that I'll be with them. =(........... it's cool I'll be cheering from the stands. =)

Ours started on May 30th but it was only three days. We didn't use instruments or anything. We were just teaching freshman marching basics while the upperclassmen refreshed their memory. On July 31st, our school is having a guy named Scott Lang come to talk to us about leadership and motivation. After that, we have about 4 weeks of marching band throughout August in which we'll be learning drill with instruments and everything.

• 1 month later...

I believe ours is starting July 26th for freshmen?? but I'm not quite sure.

We have sectionals every week run by section leaders for the upper woodwinds. Since there's a limit when you can start teaching marching a stuff we make them optional so that it's UIL legal.

I can't believe that band camp is longer this year! Oh well.

• 4 weeks later...

HAHA, we already got our freshman doing fundamentals since last Thursday, and although it's still really dirty we basically have our first 2 movements memorized. Our freshman are quite impressive as a whole, and actually are really cool people. Can't wait to start putting the show together. Our goal is to finish our show by our first football game,

Our camp started on Tuesday. We had a motivational speaker come talk to us. His name is Scott Lang. I'm pretty sure he also talks to some really good bands like Broken Arrow. Anyway, he was good. Then, on Wednesday through Friday, we were finishing up with fundamentals. Each section was out on the parking lot teaching the freshman while upperclassmen got to review. It also gave the officers to put in some leadership practice before we really get moving. The real fun begins this Monday for us. We start learning drill.

learning drill all day long, I'm compeletely wiped out. Our director had murder in his eyes at one point b/c our loading crew didn't charge the long ranger which he hooks up the metronome to, and then we were trying to correct each other and he wanted us to shut up, and that was a small problem. Still, it was an extremely good day, and we have finished memorization for our first 2 movements. I love our 2nd movement, but it is really slow and so physically draining that by the end of it you wonder if you can even put up the effort to continue with the third.