• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Okay, so this year's marching show is going by so fast.

We already got 36 charts learned. And already getting to get our brass sound good.

Man, I am pretty sure that the class '08 was the cause of this.

So :)

we have 29 learned. we got rained out last thursday (the big flood and rain, houston people know what happened)

we're finishing out the opener this afternoon

It's kind of exciting being a senior. All of the things you think you could do better than the class before you, you have a chance to correct them.

I'm also excited that bnd camp finally ended. I never was the biggest band camp fan (especially when it meant 8 to 8s for three weeks), but I just felt like I was on tour hangover or something. As soon as I got home, I ws in band camp 8 to 8s nine hours later.

Right now, I'm on "GIVE ME A BREAK" mode. Oh well, no rest for the weary.

Opener is down. Just doing reps on it now. Our senior class is small but definately the best.

I'd have to agree with Kyle on that one.

Anywho, being a senior is great...

Seniority and getting to be a leader without the responsibility...since I didn't actually become marching leader, but I still pretty much do it anyway...

It's funny to watch some of the freshmen who have no idea what they're doing and remembering that you used to be like that...

Oh, and it's funny that our show is titled Full Circle because we pretty much come full circle with our senior class, from Corners of the Mind to Full Circle. Think about the show and watch our show this year and you'll know what I mean.

Hey wouldn't it be cool if BOA had a senior ceremony like they do in DCI with age-outs.

I think that would be a great idea for Grand Nationals. On the other hand, actually making that happen would be a HUGE feat, considering that the only time to do it would be after Friday Prelims.

QUOTE (Danpod @ Aug 28 2007, 08:19 PM)
I think that would be a great idea for Grand Nationals. On the other hand, actually making that happen would be a HUGE feat, considering that the only time to do it would be after Friday Prelims.

Yeah. The other problem is how long it would take. How many age outs are their in about 50 or so drum corps compared to the number of seniors in about 90 bands...

I think we had about 70 seniors last year. THats about 3 times as many as there were in Blue stars