BOA Grand National DVD's

mbui

From the Mr. Video website:

http://www.mrvideoonline.com/boa.htm

user posted imageuser posted image

2006 Grand Nationals DVDs will ship on Friday, March 9, 2007 (shipping USPS First Class from Omaha, Nebraska).

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Credit cards are being processed now. If you lost or had a card stolen since Grand Nationals, OR if your card expired since then, it will probably delay your order. We will try to call you if there is a problem, but if you know of a possible delay, call us to avoid more delays. (800) MR VIDEO

Thanks,

Mr. Video, Inc.

--------

Waiting for my Grand Nationals DVD is like Christmas all over again. It's one of my favorite times of the year. I can't wait! Who else is getting excited? There were so many outstanding shows in Finals this year.

QUOTE (Xukaniz @ Mar 9 2007, 10:27 AM)
wow, 5 months...

Distributing DVD's for the marching arts is a lengthy process these days. Paper work has to be done with the music publishers to obtain the copyrights and synchronization licenses (a license required to record, copy, and distribute the visual and sound together).

Distributing DVD's for the marching arts is a lengthy process these days. Paper work has to be done with the music publishers to obtain the copyrights and synchronization licenses (a license required to record, copy, and distribute the visual and sound together).

It sounds like the current system is in need of an overhaul for a more efficient system. Not to mention with Bell's performance this year along with the other bands, the possible higher demand for these DVD's.

Here's a question (probably a stupid one)....if the DVDs are just now shipping, how is it that we've all been able to watch LD Bell's (among others) Grand National performance on Youtube for like, the past 3-4 months now?

The recording I watch uses multi-cam view...meaning it's definitely not an amateur recording. How is this possible if consumers don't even have the DVDs yet?

Here's a question (probably a stupid one)....if the DVDs are just now shipping, how is it that we've all been able to watch LD Bell's (among others) Grand National performance on Youtube for like, the past 3-4 months now?

The recording I watch uses multi-cam view...meaning it's definitely not an amateur recording. How is this possible if consumers don't even have the DVDs yet?

You can buy a recording there also I guess, they used that one.

That particular video of L.D. Bell on Youtube was an illegal recording taken from Grand Nationals. How was it obtained??? I'm not at liberty to say but it is definitely something that can land you in a lot of hot water.

QUOTE (dfife @ Mar 15 2007, 12:25 AM)
No, it is not.

I was told a while back that it was a directors copy. Although, I was highly skeptical since BOA never uses picture in picture in their directors copy. They always use high-cam.

Thanks for clarifying Darrell.

The recording I watch uses multi-cam view...meaning it's definitely not an amateur recording.  How is this possible if consumers don't even have the DVDs yet?

Also, some of the other recordings you've watched are ripped streams from the BOA website.

QUOTE (bossman @ Mar 19 2007, 08:26 AM)
since i've never attended a BOA event as a specatator instead of a performer, i wanted to know if they check for cameras at the gates.

Yeah, they do. Security used to be lax but they've gotten a lot stricter over the past couple of years.

Personal point and shoot cameras are allowed but a professional camera with a detachable lens is prohibited unless the lens is less than 4-5 inches. Recording devices are not allowed as well.

• 2 months later...