2007 Rules Voting Results

aggietrumpet327

Rule Proposal Voting was on Sunday. Here are your results:

The DCI Board of Directors voted on the following proposals Sunday morning.

The two score sheet proposals amending language on the front and backs of the adjudication sheets passed 20-0. From now on, the back of the sheets (clarifying the language of the rules) will be administered by the judges

so close! :o

I can't believe they were one vote away from passing electronics. Something about electronics in drum corps just doesn't feel right to me. But it looks like even though it didn't pass this year, it's only a matter of time.

And I have mixed feelings about the new 150 member limit. I guess we'll see how it turns out in 08.

now it is true!!! I can make BD even if they win this year. By the way if you check their website they have very symbolic statue under their repotire page to signify this year's result. :o

It's only adding 15 people, to be split up amongst the corps. It's not going add 15 trumpets, thereby making it significantly easier to make the corps. I'd say your shots of making the corps have nothing to do with the membership size, and everything to do with how well you march and play.

QUOTE (LdTrumpetWailer @ Jan 29 2007, 09:28 PM)
still I missed the BD cut this year by like a spot and on mello to boot! I had never touch a mellophone before the day of my audition in Cali. So I think my chance s have gone way up. So hold your criticism.

. back at ya Zach!

They would only be adding like 2 or 3 mello and/or trumpet spots if any. So your current chances arent really much better. Unless you practice! I'm sure you will have no problem making it next year though. And hopefully I don't have a zillion complications next year when its time to try out for corps.

• 2 weeks later...