Phantom 89 > Vanguard 89.

CHS King Mello

nope.

I love Vanguard. really, I love them with all my heart. I love their 89 show.

I believe that Phantom should have won in 89. sorry, I just do. I think that the gap probably should have been the closest in DCI history, because both shows are just about as good as drum corps get.

I also believe SCV should have won in 88.

:)

-C

To be perfectly honest (and blunt), I don't really think I can give an accurate choice on these shows. I'm too much of a Phantom Regiment phan. I think if PR should win a Championship with a tie; it should be 1989! First off they should won in 1996, not tie. Secondly i think PR and SCV are both as high-quality as you can get, and they, deserve to both win. :D

QUOTE (MartinHorn @ Jan 24 2007, 04:58 PM)
I do have to add this, though this probably won't prove my stance that Vanguard 89 was the better show that year, If I had to show one show to someone who didn't have any idea what Drum Corps was, It would be Santa Clara Vanguard 89.

That show and Frameworks are both very accessible shows.

QUOTE (Skippy @ Jan 25 2007, 07:46 PM)
I don't think Frameworks is accessible to the n00b. That's definetly not even a consideration for me to introduce someone to drum corps.

The first time I saw it I was absolutley amazed. Lots of flashy visuals, that crazy trumpet lick in the closer, the last 10 seconds....

The first time I saw it I was absolutley amazed. Lots of flashy visuals, that crazy trumpet lick in the closer, the last 10 seconds....

Of course, you're in marching band. A really good one. It was the first DCI show I ever saw, it got me hooked. But if I knew nothing about music, I would've been bored most likely.

If I was going to show someone their first marching music show... it would be Cavaliers 2006.

QUOTE (Skippy @ Jan 26 2007, 10:42 AM)
Of course, you're in marching band. A really good one. It was the first DCI show I ever saw, it got me hooked. But if I knew nothing about music, I would've been bored most likely.

If I was going to show someone their first marching music show... it would be Cavaliers 2006.

Oh, I meant to somebody new to DCI, not necessarily music, or marching band.

Vanguard 98 was the first show I saw, and SCV's been my favorite corps since then.

I really don't know if Cavaliers 2006 is really accessible to a person who has never even heard of drum corps before.