Carmel's Tenor Line

I've never noticed that before. Interesting. The only other band I know of that doesn't march tenors is Broken Arrow (and Tarpon Springs of course.)

What are the advantages/disadvantages to not having tenors?

A common opposition to having tenors on the field is that in a dome stadium, the tenor sound tends to get lost. Think about all those Grand National recordings and listen for the tenor line. It's definitely hard to hear them.

didnt haltom 04 keep switching to having alotta snares to having alotta of tenors in the show?

Yes, grasshopper.

Haltom's third movement in 2004 consisted of a six-man tenor feature (Although, there were times when it was only five or four people). Their last movement consisted of a nine-man snare line.

i remember noticing that Westfield didn't march tenors in 03...and when i asked about that...my directors said that the tenors sound would echo thru the RCA Dome quicker than any other sound and would possibly throw off the tempo for the other marchers if they heard them or something like that...so they didn't want to take any chances...so maybe that may be a reason. I dunno...it was a while ago.