Where does your band go for spring trips?

This year our band is going on a 4 day cruise to Cozumel, Mexico. I've decided not to go because not as many people are going as previous years. Even though it wouldn't have been my own personal money paying for that, I need to save up money for traveling. Like to Grand Nats (depending on who's going), DCI Wotld Championships, and a new car.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our band goes every other year, last year we went to South Padre Island.....So yeah this year were not going anywhere

lol yea we went to South Padre last year too. The year before that we went to Corpus Christi and stayed in condos the whole time. I though Corpus was better than South Padre because we got to buy our own food for the whole weekend and we had to make it ourselves and stuff.

Where does your band go for spring trips?

This year our band is going on a 4 day cruise to Cozumel, Mexico. I've decided not to go because not as many people are going as previous years. Even though it wouldn't have been my own personal money paying for that, I need to save up money for traveling. Like to Grand Nats (depending on who's going), DCI Wotld Championships, and a new car.

aww, you should go. Those cruises are awesome...i went on both my sophomore and senior year. they were pretty awesome. But if you wanna save up, i guess its the smart thing not to go <_< . Maybe I should start saving up for GN next year too lol

We're are going to CHICAGO, and get to play on Symphony Hall, then get to watch the Chicago Symphony Orchestra perform.

That is going to be the best trip ever. Last year we went to Corpus as well.

Trips in High School

Freshmen: NYC Baby!! Yeah Macy*s Day Parade

Sophmore: LA, Contest thing was boring, because we were literally the only bands there, so we beat ourselves. Also went to Disneyland

Junior: Corpus, boring but fun because we bought our own food and had our condo Sweet.

Senior: Chicago, can't wait.

The year before i got here they went to Ireland for St. Patricks day and marched in a big parade. My freshmen year we went to Disney World. Last year and this year the directors have proposed expensive trips and fairly short trips that no one really wants to pay for so they have been canceled. Hopefully we go somewhere awesome next year.

We're going to Dallas this year, the week after I go to Arlington for Student Council convention. It's not that big of a deal or anything, but band trips are fun anyway because, hey, we're the band! I have no idea if my school is doing the 'every other year' thing anymore because we have a new head band director and this year would have been a trip year anyway. I guess the students next year will find out!