PlayStation 3

GuitarJoe

I work at the GameStop corporate office in Grapevine as a lead in the internet support and customer service department, and this video has become the talk of the whole office.

I'm sure most of you know about the Sony PS3 launch last Friday, and how big a deal it was (to some ppl), and how hardcore video game fans are when it comes to the newest systems. Quite frankly after 3-4 months of hearing ppl whine and complain about wanting the PS3, getting cussed out and threatened over the phone and via email by countless ppl, I have little sympathy for the ones who won't get their system until well after Christmas.

This video is for them...

http://www.smashmyps3.com/

*Also, for ppl that may not know, PS3's range from $500 for the 20gb and $600 for the 60gb. Not sure which one this was.

Now that sucks.

Oh, it gets worse.

After that I went over to another store that had a larger shipment but also larger opening crowd. They were giving out vouchers to the people in line so that they could leave and come back later and claim their Wii.

Those vouchers were only good until noon and if somebody didn't claim theirs by then it would be up for grabs.

Well, it just so happened that one of the people said they didn't actually want theirs (WTF!?!?!), but a woman walked into the store like 5 seconds before me, so she got it instead of me.

:wacko::wacko::(:(:(:(

Oh, it gets worse.

After that I went over to another store that had a larger shipment but also larger opening crowd. They were giving out vouchers to the people in line so that they could leave and come back later and claim their Wii.

Those vouchers were only good until noon and if somebody didn't claim theirs by then it would be up for grabs.

Well, it just so happened that one of the people said they didn't actually want theirs (WTF!?!?!), but a woman walked into the store like 5 seconds before me, so she got it instead of me.

:wacko::wacko::(:(:(:(

Now THAT sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
i read way better reviews about the Wii than the PS3

Yup.

Excellen review by Ars Technica

TIME's review

"Sure, the Playstation 2 was the bestselling machine from the previous generation, and sure, the Playstation3 is powered by a stupendously powerful chip, the "Cell processor." (I'm sorry, but naming a computer chip is like naming your genitals: you're compensating for something.)"

Top 10 PS3 Complanits

The PS3 Can't Hide its Flaws - by CNN

PS3 vs. Wii vs. XBox

360: A-

Wii: B+

PS3: B

IGN Gives the PS3 a 6

i dunno which one i want...

i want them all...but im broke...so i could possibly get one...im looking towards the xbox 360 merely for the halo 3 and the xbox live...but god i would be missing out on the games on ps3...

and this new style of gameplay that Wii has seems amazing...and it's only 250...one question though...does it play DVDs?

i dunno which one i want...

i want them all...but im broke...so i could possibly get one...im looking towards the xbox 360 merely for the halo 3 and the xbox live...but god i would be missing out on the games on ps3...

and this new style of gameplay that Wii has seems amazing...and it's only 250...one question though...does it play DVDs?

The Wii can't play DVDs as of yet. Nintendo will be releasing a 2007 Wii in Japan that will have DVD playback capabilities but they have no plans to release it in the US.

I'd go with the XBox... Here's a list of things you can do instead of buying a PS3:

http://3dgamer.blogspot.com/2006/12/instea...buying-ps3.html

One of them is

"Buy a 360 AND a Wii (and a couple of games)" - except you will probably only have enough money left for only one game

I hate new game consoles.  Everyone goes crazy for them when it's just a small upgrade from the previous generation.  Example: PS2 + Hard drive = PS3.

Meh, at least the Wii took it in a new direction.

The ps2 in no way compares the the ps3.

I have played the ps3 and its pretty much amazing. I wont ever buy one because i wont drop $600 on a freaking video game consol. Thats why I have nerd friends who buy every single system and then mooch off of them. I think im gonna wait for the 360 to drop in price some and then buy that. (Gears of War btw freakin rocks)

P.S. - these videos are the best part of the Wii's creation

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=15...ontroller+break