• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what makes you say that?

well, I've got to know Watson pretty well over the years, and as a person, he is a VERY respectable human being. the discipline he instills inspires our band. of course he's a pretty funny dude in music theory, and tells some pretty raunchy jokes. The main reason is that I don't know geiger very well, just his credentials, so I can't really make that judgment, and I retract what I said before. I just know watson better, and I'd feel more comfortable being taught by him. I'm sure you feel the same way about Geiger.

well, I've got to know Watson pretty well over the years, and as a person, he is a VERY respectable human being. the discipline he instills inspires our band. of course he's a pretty funny dude in music theory, and tells some pretty raunchy jokes. The main reason is that I don't know geiger very well, just his credentials, so I can't really make that judgment, and I retract what I said before. I just know watson better, and I'd feel more comfortable being taught by him. I'm sure you feel the same way about Geiger.

oh ok...i was just wondering...

Geiger is a pretty cool dude...with his overwhelming knowledge in music...he's also funny and he knows what he's doing....he's just a great guy overall and i respect him to the highest seeing everything he has done for the westfield band and other bands that he has helped out.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay

Brass: L.D Bell

WW: Bowie

Guard: Churchill

Drums: Marion Catholic (amazing! If you don't know who they are...LOOK 'EM UP!!)

Marchers:Broken Arrow (If you don't know who they are...LOOK 'EM UP 2!!)

Texas bands are great...but there's also a whole dofferent world out there in them other states!

• 1 month later...
the hebron band minus woodwinds. id love that.

I'm not certain why someone would diss their own band's woodwinds, even if they happen to be a brass player.

The reality is that our woodwind section is the best section of our band, and I'm not just saying that because I happen to be a flute/piccolo.

We RARELY have a brass player go to state, and at least 90% of our all-state players have been woodwinds.

So please think before you diss the HHS woodwinds again.

I'm not certain why someone would diss their own band's woodwinds, even if they happen to be a brass player.

The reality is that our woodwind section is the best section of our band, and I'm not just saying that because I happen to be a flute/piccolo.

We RARELY have a brass player go to state, and at least 90% of our all-state players have been woodwinds.

So please think before you diss the HHS woodwinds again.

Wow it must be really akward to go back to school and see that person.

lol well just cuz 90% of your state people are woodwinds doesnt mean theyre the best section. it just means they practiced allstate music more then anyone else. if you look at my region most of the people are from 3 different schools which my band isnt included on. just cuz they have more people making in the band doesnt mean they have better players then us. heck we usually beat them in the music caption when we see them at invitationals or area. but theyre just more dedicated in region and all that