Grand Nationals and State

Serardian Posted on Oct 30 2006, 08:30 AM

I doubt that..calendars have been around for 5000 years... 

Way to be an ****... But how would it be possible for a band to go to State in S.A. and then Grand Nats. in Illinois the next day. I'm not quite sure the Bowie directors know what's going on yet due to BOA not releasing a schedule yet. If they get a prelims spot on the 8th, I find it quite impossible, due to BOA rules of having equipment in Ind. early, for Bowie to visit both competitions. Please let me know if a schedule acctually has been released, and I just havn't found it.

I am pretty sure the band directors can request what prelims date they go in order to fit the bands needs way in advance. I believe Bell Churchill and The Woodlands have always gone on the second day of prelims by request. I would seriously doubt that Bowie and for that matter The Woodlands/Bell/Churchill who also are going to both would not have taken this situation into account when planning.

That is probably not likely... at all... seeing as according to BOA's website, preformance times and dates are based around random draw. As is with almost any other competition.

http://www.bands.org/public/events/gn/faq.asp#3

Unless I'm misinterpreting this, there's no way to request a date nor time regardless of any other conflict of schedules.

Do you honestly think they'd let every band accross the nation request when they want to go? Doubtful. It's BOA, not the Humane Society.

Well the 2 prelims days have completely different judging panels so if there is indeed an issue such as prior commitment (state) I dont see any unfair advantage. I have also noticed Carmel and Center Grove typically go on day 1 and Carmel has gone on day 1 since 2000 which is as far as i checked the odds of them drawing a day 1 time 5 years in a row is very slim.

I could honestly care less if Leander goes to state or not, but they had an amazing show, which I thought was incredible due to their much smaller size in comparison to every other band in finals that night. All I can say is that if Bowie drops out, I wouldn't be suprised, and I'd be glad for Leander to have such an opportunity. I believe that without Leander's bad luck in both draws, Leander would be going in place of Akins (afterall, they only went home by one point), and I think they should have another chance.

I would just like to know whether or not, for sure, if Bowie is dropping out.

Xenon Posted on Oct 30 2006, 05:46 PM

UIL 5A State is on Tuesday. BOA GN prelims are Thursday and Friday. There is more than enough time to travel between the two even if they have a Thursday morning prelims slot.

LD Bell is doing it, The Woodlands is doing it, Churchill is doing it. Bowie can do it.

I could've swore I read that GN prelims were Wed.-Fri. If they got a spot on Wed. it'd be pretty hard to get all the equipment and the band up there that night, and even if they did, the members of the band would be exhausted. Would the directors really want that?

I could've swore I read that GN prelims were Wed.-Fri. If they got a spot on Wed. it'd be pretty hard to get all the equipment and the band up there that night, and even if they did, the members of the band would be exhausted. Would the directors really want that?

GN starts on thursday not wednesday. it always has. 2 years ago the woodlands did both State and GN, so im pretty sure that other bands can do it. Not only am i pretty sure, im positive that they can do it.

ok, im really sorry hawkeye but being that i am from bowie and darn proud of it i feel the need to correct the one known as txbassbadass. they wrote:

"Way to be an ****... But how would it be possible for a band to go to State in S.A. and then Grand Nats. in Illinois the next day. I'm not quite sure the Bowie directors know what's going on yet due to BOA not releasing a schedule yet. If they get a prelims spot on the 8th, I find it quite impossible, due to BOA rules of having equipment in Ind. early, for Bowie to visit both competitions. Please let me know if a schedule acctually has been released, and I just havn't found it. "

and

"I could honestly care less if Leander goes to state or not, but they had an amazing show, which I thought was incredible due to their much smaller size in comparison to every other band in finals that night. All I can say is that if Bowie drops out, I wouldn't be suprised, and I'd be glad for Leander to have such an opportunity. I believe that without Leander's bad luck in both draws, Leander would be going in place of Akins (afterall, they only went home by one point), and I think they should have another chance.

I would just like to know whether or not, for sure, if Bowie is dropping out. "

first off DID YOU NOT READ MY POST! I AM FROM BOWIE!!! THATS RIGHT, BOWIE IN AUSTIN TX ON SLAUGHTER LANE! WE ARE GOING TO BOTH STATE AND GRAND NATIONALS IN INDIANA, NOT ILLONOIS AS YOU PUT IT! DONT BLAME LEANDERS MISFORTUNE ON OTHER BANDS! WE ARE GOING TO GRANDNATIONALS, I REPEAT, WE ARE GOING TO GRAND NATIONALS AND STATE, WE PERFORM ON THURSDAY, WE ARRIVE ON WEDNESDAY, WE ARE TAKING FLIGHTS IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING ON WEDNESDAY, AND WE ARE GOING TO BE THERE FOR SERIOUS! DONT COUNT US OUT, WE ARE GOING TO FIGHT AND HAVE A GREAT TIME! WE HAVE ALREADY KNOWN OUR PLANS FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS NOW! BOWIE IS GOING TO BOTH STATE AND GRAND NATIONALS AS WELL AS BOA SAN ANTONIO, END OF DISCUSSION!!!!

sincerely,

a very enraged Mongoose

p.s. we support our other txbands and wish them luck, i would like to also thank all of those who believe in us or wish us luck

For those who are still confused, here is Bowie's schedule:

Friday Nov. 3 -- Football Bowie vs. Bastrop

Saturday Nov. 4 -- BOA Super Regionals

Sunday Nov. 5 -- off

Monday Nov. 6 -- School

Tuesday Nov. 7 -- UIL State

Wednesday Nov. 8 -- Travel to Indy for BOA Grand Nats

Thursday Nov. 9 thru Saturday Nov. 11 -- BOA Grand Nats

Sunday Nov. 10 -- Travel home from Grand Nats

first off DID YOU NOT READ MY POST! I AM FROM BOWIE!!! THATS RIGHT, BOWIE IN AUSTIN TX ON SLAUGHTER LANE! WE ARE GOING TO BOTH STATE AND GRAND NATIONALS IN INDIANA, NOT ILLONOIS AS YOU PUT IT! DONT BLAME LEANDERS MISFORTUNE ON OTHER BANDS! WE ARE GOING TO GRANDNATIONALS, I REPEAT, WE ARE GOING TO GRAND NATIONALS AND STATE, WE PERFORM ON THURSDAY, WE ARRIVE ON WEDNESDAY, WE ARE TAKING FLIGHTS IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING ON WEDNESDAY, AND WE ARE GOING TO BE THERE FOR SERIOUS! DONT COUNT US OUT, WE ARE GOING TO FIGHT AND HAVE A GREAT TIME! WE HAVE ALREADY KNOWN OUR PLANS FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS NOW! BOWIE IS GOING TO BOTH STATE AND GRAND NATIONALS AS WELL AS BOA SAN ANTONIO, END OF DISCUSSION!!!!

sincerely,

a very enraged Mongoose

p.s. we support our other txbands and wish them luck, i would like to also thank all of those who believe in us or wish us luck 

Dude... Don't be such a whining **** just because someone wants to know how a situation is going to be worked out. And I can read just fine. You don't need to put everything in CAPS. All I asked for was some validation, and I never got it. I'm sorry I obviously messed with quite the bipolar person, but I just wanted some proof. Like I said, chill, son.

Bands have already been given estimate times for GN, if you live a certain distance away you can request which day, but you will usaully get an earlier time slot. Bowie is going sometime on friday, Connally is going at 10:15 thursday night (talk about luck, thats second to last), SFA is not going to GN for whoever said that, and Bell is postively going

Bands have already been given estimate times for GN, if you live a certain distance away you can request which day, but you will usaully get an earlier time slot. Bowie is going sometime on friday, Connally is going at 10:15 thursday night (talk about luck, thats second to last), SFA is not going to GN for whoever said that, and Bell is postively going

:]

Going dead last is Connally's good luck charm.

Second to last isn't bad though.

I'm so excited about Grand Nationals.

I really want to see Bell's show again.

It's so cool!