College park is a Second year program. So one of the judges couldent have been from CP because the only non returning director was our percussion director and he went to University of Florida. But ya, CP won by almost a point and a half, and thats a lot in The type of event that LSP was. And also, you guys didnt get 1st from all the other judges, but were not going to get into that argument again. But ya, CP also had to deal with the Rain at LS in prelims which lowered our score quite a bit.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, yes. The LSP thing is OOOVEEEER. Please, no one needs to bring that up again. It's been discussed, things have been said, apologies have been said, okay. No more!

I agree with Tnilli's comments. The four I'm shooting for are Spring, CP, TWHS, and Brazos....but I cannot think of a 5th. I wanna say Pearland but I haven't seen their show this year yet.

and bahah, ikilledabird, you took the words out of my mouth.

brazoswood- has a great show musically... visually is a different story. Their colorguard is in one corner the entire time... they are never mixed in with the band. The only thing they do is put different colors on....

woodlands college park- has a great visual program... but their music lacks

this could keep them from making state

the woodlands -has a great show but visually its a little dirty...

music is great..... its LOUD

spring... dirty at times.... loved the jam section ... best i have seen from a high school band

Ya, the bands that I think will make it will be

(no order)

Spring- The music will take them to state for sure.

Brazoswood- Didnt see the show because we were warming up

Woodlands- Seen the show a few football games ago, it was pretty dirty, but i know for a fact that Bret Johnson has fixed that and the woodlands reputation will put them in finals hands down.

CP- I kinda have to say that seeing as im part of the band

then for the last spot, i personaly think it could be a toss up with Pearland and Klein because they did pretty good in BOA Houston (but i didnt see their show, so i dont know if they did good with GE or music.

My top four (in no particular order w/ some comments):

Spring- I only caught the last part of their show at LSP. While I was out in the parking lot, I heard this band playing that I thought sounded awesome. Lo and behold it ended up being Spring. No big surprise, really. They've always been good- people just haven't recognized it because of, well, less-than-spectacular show designs in the recent past. I'll be shocked if they don't place in the top three at area. They seem to be back on the rise. I'd like to see region 9 dominate the marching arena once again.

Brazoswood- I saw the show for the first time at LSP. Honestly, the show blew me away. I really liked the balance between the upper and lower voices. I can see how this band won music last year at Arlington (correct me if I'm wrong; my memory sucks). And, call me shallow, but the flags had pretty colors ;)

The Woodlands- Ok...this show is really well-designed. I love the music. I love the staging. On the downside, it's also really difficult (at least musically). Thus, it comes as little surprise to me that it's a bit dirty. Then again, I don't think the band will have much of a problem making it to state. My main question is how the judges will react to the harmonized vocal. Should be interesting.

College Park- Second year in existence? First year in real competition? Will they (or perhaps better stated "can they") make the cut? I think the band is up for the challenge. Making finals at you first BOA regional and placing well at LSP show that CP is certainly a talented, young band. They have a great director at the helm of the program who will surely aid them in the process.

Well, that's all I have...

Everything that everyone has said before me is very true. This isn't a year in this area for consistency, this is a year in which certain bands have gained momentum, and where some bands are loosing it.

It's happening all over the state; Cy-Falls, who has been consistantly great for the past few years is starting to fall; Westfield, who's been a bit shaky for the past few years topped Churchill in BOA Houston.

Judson I had never even heard of before, but they end up in 6th at BOA. Clear Lake, who has been simply spectacular since the 80's, didn't place top ten. Of course, this is going off BOA results, so I may be wrong.

Non the less, I think this is the most exciting part of the marching band season. Everything we've ever known before is being rewritten; the best bands simply aren't the best bands anymore. Nothing is set in stone.

Chives, TWHS is playing the Bartok Concerto for Orchestra, not Barber.

The Woodlands- Ok...this show is really well-designed. I love the music. I love the staging. On the downside, it's also really difficult (at least musically). Thus, it comes as little surprise to me that it's a bit dirty. Then again, I don't think the band will have much of a problem making it to state. My main question is how the judges will react to the harmonized vocal. Should be interesting.

College Park- Second year in existence? First year in real competition? Will they (or perhaps better stated "can they") make the cut? I think the band is up for the challenge. Making finals at you first BOA regional and placing well at LSP show that CP is certainly a talented, young band. They have a great director at the helm of the program who will surely aid them in the process.

I think The Woodlands is pretty dirty right now. But that'll be cleaned up by the time GN rolls around. MAYBE San Antonio -- but, The Woodlands is a late bloomer. Everything about the show itself is awesome, though. I can definitely see the staff changes through the show.

I'm excited for College Park. The success of CP reminds me somewhat of Reagan and Churchill. ;)

So, I think it's safe to say that everyone agrees on:

Spring

The Woodlands

The Woodlands College Park

Brazoswood

Ok somebody may have already said this but uh College Park only beat Spring in LSP by 1.5 points. Ok no more of LSP

Westfield hasnt been in UIL since the district pulled out after the 02-03 season. Spring just got back in last year. Westfield has just chosen not to join back.

My Top 5 (in no particular order) are:

Spring

Brazoswood

TWHS

College Park

Klein Forest

Cant wait til I see yall at area on Saturday!

Luv Bea

I hate going first at Contests. We have a tough schedule the next few day. Yeasterday we didnt pratice long because it rained out our pratice. Today, we get out there, and we have to go over our homecoming show for tomorrow. Then it starts to rain again, so we dont have half our instruments on the feild and the drums sound like crap. Then it starts lightning and were told to go in. then we go back out 30 minutes later beacuse that was the soonest that were allowed to go back out, and 5 minutes later, it starts back up, so we only got about 30-45 good minutes of pratice today. Tomorrow we have our homecoming game so were gonna be out till about 11, then we have to be at our school at 6 in the morning to get to Gelena Park because were first. I hate this weather, has it screw anyone elses pratices for this contest up?

do not feel bad...

i felt like that today..

it was raining off and on... we were suppose to have practice inside.. we did... we went outside later... and people decide to leave practice like area is in 6 weeks or something! so we ended up canceling it... and plus, the air was ICKY!!! humidity was like 120 percent..it was awful.. but thank god for run throughs and late performance

hope all goes well!

The only good thing about the rain is that it's raining all over Texas. I'm just thankful it only rained today, and not the rest of the week. Huh, and we have homecoming this week too...retarded. College Park goes on first? Sorry y'all - I think we're first block too, and our BD is having us be at the school at 5:45 am to practice.

for some reason it never rains on our practice, it stops right before we start and starts up again a litle after we finish. I swear our director has some sort of swith in his room that controls the weather. we asked him one day and he, very seriously, said "yes" and sat there as if waiting for another question.

then again, he laughs when someone says "finger your parts" (or atleast he used to)