I was just curious on who's going to Lonestar...

I know Spring and Westfield are. I'm sure the woodlands is going to do an exhibition performance. Anyone else?

Man this competition has grown...i remember when it first got started (2000) NO ONE went and it didnt take much to win it. But now it seems a lot of big names go...cool to have another comp to go to...since it'll be the only one i get to see my sis at.

QUOTE (Maverick27 @ Oct 10 2006, 11:35 PM)
In all honesty, we (Marcus) might not even be there for our exhibition. Our football team is actualy good this year for once, and although we haven't played many district games, we are 4 and 1 so playoffs look like a good possibility. Luck of the draw might make us have a game that night, and since we (battery and pit) are skipping out on the game the week before for PASIC, we can't miss the first playoffs game. It might be all on the parents, who knows... Hope to see all of you there!

Lol, I think you're getting the Lone Star Classic Percussion competition and the Lone Star Preview competition mixed up.

LSP is a marching band competiton hosted by The Woodlands HS.

In all honesty, we (Marcus) might not even be there for our exhibition. Our football team is actualy good this year for once, and although we haven't played many district games, we are 4 and 1 so playoffs look like a good possibility. Luck of the draw might make us have a game that night, and since we (battery and pit) are skipping out on the game the week before for PASIC, we can't miss the first playoffs game. It might be all on the parents, who knows... Hope to see all of you there!

hehe he's talking about the Lone Star Preview hosted by The Woodlands in Conroe, Texas.

EDIT - You beat me to it

Edited by manuel_pablo

guard wise i think there'll be a good amount of competition for that auxillary award

it'll be a fight between seguin, oak ridge, spring, and cinco ranch

i forget who won last year but i wanna say it was oak ridge, but they were really close to seguin

then there's also spring who lost a lot of vital people i heard so who knows....

and cinco is open class but it seems that winter guard never quite seems to translate to marching season, weird things happen sometimes.

but conroe might have a shot also, they won state AA last year for winter guard.

it'll be interesting at least. all really decently strong guards. i haven't seen any of these guards for this year though so i really can't say for sure... any guard people have any insight or have seen any of these shows? anybody know who the judge for auxillary is?

Last year oak ridge did win in prelims but they only won by .1 ove seguin but in the finals, we won it all, no one was even close. By we, i meant seguin. This year though, i dont know how good we will be considering that we dont have a guard instructor because she went back to college. The ones that are helping are former graduates, one graduated this past year and the other one from a year ago. it will be pretty interesting.

Haha I was just about to comment on our new time. I just hope we can change/put everything up in time to go see Westfield perform.

About the aux award....hrm. Well, smackthatrifle, not exactly sure who you heard that from or who it refers to...I mean, I'm not in guard, but I can't think of "vital people" that we lost other than seniors. We did lose our guard instructor, but we have a new one, so it's all good.

I actually like what our guard does this year...there's a lot of dance sequences and neat stuff like that, and their outfits are better than they have been in the past. Looks like a good year for them.

Our new guard instructor, by the way, is the former assitant guard director from Marcus. :)

ah ok, i just knew that one year the main weapon line was nearly all seniors, and the following year there wasn't a winter guard, and i just hadn't seen spring's guard at all, so i didn't know who was considered the best out of those 4, cause i know yall were amazing in 2005, but i just hadn't seen yall since

i was reading on the twhs band site and it says this year for finals they're just doing the visual/marching/ge awards and aux/perc are only in prelims... i would think they would give them out for finals instead of prelims.. just kind of suprised me

Prelims:

1) Westfield - 85.30

2) Spring - 82.95

3) Brazoswood - 82.25

Visual - College Park

Music - Brazoswood

GE - Westfield

Percussion - Spring

FINALS:

1) Westfield - 86.50

2) College Park - 85.05

3) Spring - 83.65