Duncanville & Hebron on YouTube

you know, its really sad that i knew the song that hebron was playing and the commentator didn't...it's like he's NEVER heard of it before (which he probably hasn't). man!! i think everyone needs to understand where today's music came from. in music history sense, not knowing what the rite of spring is, is like not knowing (in an american history sense) who's thomas jefferson. its a sad world.

Yea, I was able to catch these performances when it aired on UPN last week. Needless to say, it caught me off guard because I had NO idea whatsoever that they were to be on TV. Anyways, I went to Hebron's homecoming game last night (since I am an alum) and I really enjoyed the show. I also saw Creekview's show and was surprised at how well their show is going. Perhaps they can make a comeback this year. I would like to see that.

On a completely different note, if you click on the little sublink to Flight of the Bumblebee, I'm one of the quintet members! I'm the second from the left.

Man, I really like the Rite of Spring, (in this case this is mostly the Augers), but it odesn't seem to really translate into marching music too well. At least, not at this level- a lot of the things that really make it the Rite of Spring were taken out, like all the grace notes and trills, and the constant drone of the strings' eigth notes at the beginning. I have to say, it's cool though. I would love to play that song with our band, but ya know, ya can't always get what ya want, eh? Haven't watched the Duncanville one yet... just about to though.

On a completely different note, if you click on the little sublink to Flight of the Bumblebee, I'm one of the quintet members! I'm the second from the left.

Gee, Stephen, glad you could find a plug for yourself.

By the way, that's one of my favorite youtube videos...

*back on topic*

I'm glad this was put here. I missed watching the Ducanville football game halftime after performing in that. ^_^;

pianomusicman89: From what I can tell, the Hebron show probably seems more complicated because we are one of the smaller bands in the 5a division.

On the other hand, I've noticed we, of the Hebron band, seem to have a tendency to work on difficult drill moves with visuals original to our band.

Fortisimo: I think most of the grace notes and trills have been taken out because this is Hebron's first year as a 5a band, or that there isn't enough time in the show to add those in.

Another theory is that with all the complicated drill moves and visuals (that you may have yet to see; the show isn't finished yet), the music needs to be executed cleanly. Too many grace notes and trills could dirty up the sound.

What you can't tell from this video is that we have five songs in our show. At this point in time, the show is far from finished. :3

...I think I wrote too much. :lol: