Trivia Challenge: Game I

LordGiggles

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Dynasty found the correct link.

I didn't think the question was vague, It clearly stated thunderstorm. Xenon also asked a question for the specifics to clear up vagueness, which I think made it wind down to a specific year.

Thanks to all those who have participated so far though, I really appreciate it in trying to make this game work.

Update:

Contestants who have PM'ed me:

actualgirltrombone

Contestants yet to be heard from:

Xenon

Mbui

Remember that, in this round, Originally only the top four are taken, but since there isn't four, you can take as long as you want because you only get eliminated if your wrong.

Ok, the question was: What year in the DCI Finals did it thunderstorm?

The source says in 1972 that "An intense thunderstorm disrupted the finale, sending many fans away without knowing the results".

Then in the clarification to Xenon's question, you stated that "No, there was an actual thunderstorm interrupting the finals competition".

So, the source you provided says nothing at all about the competition actually being disrupted.

Here are my sources supporting rain in 1993. It's from RAMD, so it's reliable.

RAMD #1 - (Scroll up to the 2nd entry by pjclarke)

RAMD #2

RAMD #3 - (Scroll down to the 8th paragraph of the post)

RAMD #4

RAMD #5

I don't know if this is satisfactory enough for you. ;)

Well it's been past the deadline. The only people to get it right was actualgirltrombone and Xenon.

The correct answer was: Sue-Ann Faulkner, Pit.

It seems that in this first game, the questions were of a difficult calibur. I'll make sure next time the game lasts longer, but that was the fear of some people such as Jag, claiming it would last for months.

Thanks for everyone who volunteered to play, thanks for getting this launched, I'll try to work out all the bugs next game.