UIL 5A Area D 2024

It's realignment year! This area is getting a bit more interesting with Weiss back in 5A and New Braunfels moving down to 5A as well. A total of 31 eligible bands are in this area which could mean a potential of 6 bands moving on to state. 

Region 8: (6)

Belton

Chaparral

Ellison

Lake Belton

University

Waco

Region 12: (7)

Alamo Heights

Lockhart

MacArthur

New Braunfels

Pieper

Seguin

Smithson Valley

Region 14: (2)

Victoria East

Victoria West

Region 18: (9)

Anderson

Bastrop

Cedar Creek

Crockett

Hays

Lehman

McCallum

Navarro

Richards School For Young Women Leaders

Region 26: (7)

Conally

East View

Elgin

Georgetown

Hendrickson

Pflugerville

Weiss

This will be a very tough one to predict! I’d say at the moment Hendrickson is still the band to beat. Yes, last season wasn’t their best but it’s also Hendrickson. Piper could possibly win this comp, but I think they need a few more seasons to be that type of a powerhouse program. Some other programs like McCallum and Hays and a weird season last year. Here’s what I’m thinking right now assuming all 1’s

1st: Hendrickson 

2nd: Pieper 

3rd: McCallum 

4th: Lake Belton 

5th: New Braunels 

6th-10th: Weiss/Hays/P-Ville/SV/Georgetown 

I am personally expecting Hays and McCallum to do much better, hopefully. I do thing NB is going to have success in 5A and could see them anywhere as high as 3rd. My 6-10 could be in any order, but I’d imagine finals will be mostly these programs. Another area that’s gonna be SUPER competitive 

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

This will be a very tough one to predict! I’d say at the moment Hendrickson is still the band to beat. Yes, last season wasn’t their best but it’s also Hendrickson. Piper could possibly win this comp, but I think they need a few more seasons to be that type of a powerhouse program. Some other programs like McCallum and Hays and a weird season last year. Here’s what I’m thinking right now assuming all 1’s

1st: Hendrickson 

2nd: Pieper 

3rd: McCallum 

4th: Lake Belton 

5th: New Braunels 

6th-10th: Weiss/Hays/P-Ville/SV/Georgetown 

I am personally expecting Hays and McCallum to do much better, hopefully. I do thing NB is going to have success in 5A and could see them anywhere as high as 3rd. My 6-10 could be in any order, but I’d imagine finals will be mostly these programs. Another area that’s gonna be SUPER competitive 

100% agree with you! It sucks that this area can only send 6 bands at most because there are so many good bands!