Melissa Marching Showcase (Sept. 28th, 2024)

The second ever Melissa Marching Showcase will be taking place on September 28th, 2024 at Coach Kenny Deel Stadium! This year is shaping up to have quite a turn out with some big returns and some first time bands! It will truly be quite a show this year! Really excited to see Lonestar make a return again and 10 bands will be making their first appearance at this contest, which includes Argyle HS and McKinney HS!

Participating Bands as of 06/10/2024-

Small School Divison (2A-4A):

Canton HS
Celina HS
China Spring HS
Community HS
Italy HS
North Lamar HS
S&S Consolidated HS
Sulphur Springs HS
Whitewright HS

Large School Divison (5A-6A):

Anna HS
Argyle HS
Benton HS (Louisiana)
Burleson HS
Denton Ryan HS
Frisco Heritage HS
Frisco Independence HS
Frisco Liberty HS
Frisco Lone Star HS (Reigning Champion)
Frisco Memorial HS
Garland HS
James Martin HS
Lake Highlands HS
Lakeview Centennial HS
Lebanon Trail HS
Lovejoy HS
McKinney HS
North Forney HS
Plano Jasper HS
Princeton HS
Rock Hill HS
Rowlett HS

Exhibition:

Melissa HS

Modern+Business+Conference+Facebook+Post.png

I also wanted to mention that the judge panel includes the head directors for Vista Ridge (Shawn Murphy) and Prosper (Aaron Renzenbrink), the assistant director of Prosper HS (Aaron Dugger), Former Head Director of Duncanville HS (David Brandon), Jed Weeks of Blue Knights DBC, and Dr. Andy Eldridge of UTA for percussion! This is a great judge panel!

This is already such a stacked lineup! Really happy they have this as a 12 finalist comp bc there are gonna be so many bands on the line of making finals. I’d say right now, here’s what I’m thinking (this is wayyyy to early but why not: 

1st: Lone Star 

2nd: Argyle/Lebanon Trail 

3rd: LT/Argyle 

4th: McKinney 

5th: Frisco Independence 

6th: Lovejoy 

7th: Lake Highlands 

8th: Lakeview Centennial 

9th: Celina 

10th: Frisco Memorial 

11th: North Forney 

12th: Anna/Rowlett 

these rankings are based off last season since we haven’t seen anything for the upcoming season, and I tried to base it off how these bands tend to do early season rather then late. I could very much see bands like Lovejoy anywhere from 5th-9th, they just tend to do well early and then fall of around area. Should be a really great finals to watch and somewhat of a early look at 5A area B

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like 25 total bands will be competing at this contest, and it looks like as of right now that an out of state band will be competing at this contest, Benton HS out of Louisiana!

Bands added-

4A- Canton HS

5A- Benton HS (LA) and Lebanon Trail HS

This contest is going to be a great chance to see some early competition between many 5A Area B bands and 4A Area C bands!

Also New format for this year!-

There will be two divisions for competitions: the Small School Division and the Large School Division. The top four small schools will advance to the finals, and the top 12 large schools will advance to the finals. (If a small school is in the top 12, it will have the opportunity to be placed within the large school or small school division for finals competition.

Here are my predictions so far (I'm basing these predictions on last season's results, and other past results from the last few years):

1. Lone Star

2. Rock Hill (they could for sure be 1st but they seem to do better with the BOA scoring system over the UIL system and the UIL Area format is used for this contest)

3-4. Argyle/Lebanon Trail (very close at Area between these 2 last year)

5. McKinney

6. Lake Highlands

7. Lakeview Centennial

8. Lovejoy

9. Memorial

10. Garland

11. Independence

12. North Forney/Anna/Benton/Rowlett/Burleson/Celina (could be any of these schools)

There are some schools that I don't know as much as others like Jasper, Benton, and some other schools, but once I find out more about them, I will revise these predictions, especially when the season gets closer.

Hey everyone, hope all has been well! Some new updates have been made, and some I forgot to mention-

Dropped-

Sherman HS

Added-

Small Schools-

Whitewright HS

Large Schools- 

Frisco Liberty HS
James Martin HS
Princeton HS

Big addition to this contest is James Martin HS out of Arlington, TX! And the best part is I should be able to attend this contest this year so I can see how the results play out!

This contest has shaped up so absolutely amazing, I can’t wait!! Dropping final early season predictions, pretty much based on last couple of years: 

Small School: 

1st: Celina 

2nd: Sulphur Springs 

3rd: China Springs 

4th: North Lamar 

5th: Canton 

Large School: 

1st: Lonestar 

2nd: Rockhill 

3rd: Lebanon Trail 

4th: Argyle 

5th: McKinney 

6th: Independence 

7th: Lovejoy 

8th: Lake Highlands 

9th: Lakeview Centennial 

10th: James Martin 

11th: Memorial 

12th: North Forney 

This comp is one of those that the bands that have stronger preseasons will place better. Celina is really the only small division school I see possibly being in the top 12, but I’d say probably 13th overall. Some big uncertainties, James Martin with a big struggle year last season with the new director but is definitely a contender for a top spot, big battle between Rockhill and Lonestar, some other programs with a new look last year. Will Canton jump back up in 4A, tons of crazy things can happen, but it will be really fun to see how thighs shake out! 

small update has been made for this contest-

added-

Large School-

Frisco Heritage HS

this makes things interesting because 6 of the 12 Frisco schools are competing at this contest. Depending on everything, it could be possible we see more of them! This could really help us see an early insight as to how Area could play out!

13 hours ago, Dave609 said:

small update has been made for this contest-

added-

Large School-

Frisco Heritage HS

this makes things interesting because 6 of the 12 Frisco schools are competing at this contest. Depending on everything, it could be possible we see more of them! This could really help us see an early insight as to how Area could play out!

Its starting to look that way. Heritage definitely has a very strong shot at finals, and hopefully have a better season, as they were on the rise pre-covid, but haven't been as strong since, so hopefully they make a comeback this season, really loved their 2017 production.