UIL 5A Area C 2024

9 hours ago, LKendrick said:

Lakeview Centennial is listed 5A in the music alignments that were released.  I don't believe just because athletics opted up music has to as well, though I am not 100% sure on that.  I don't see any downsides to competing in 5A for them in terms of fine arts.  They had an impressive showing last year in 6A, should do very well in 5A.  

True. Lakeview Madrid finals last year in arguably the hardest area in 6A and I personally see them winning it all this year here.

43 minutes ago, BandNerd07 said:

True. Lakeview Madrid finals last year in arguably the hardest area in 6A and I personally see them winning it all this year here.

I wouldn’t be to fast to count out Highland Park. While they have struggled the past two seasons in 6A, I really think it was bc of their “silly” and fun show designs, bc they still looked and sounded good, and they had great success with those style of shows in 5A. So, assuming they do that type of show again, they could very much win, but I do agree the LC could win it as well, we really just won’t know till the season starts 

13 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I wouldn’t be to fast to count out Highland Park. While they have struggled the past two seasons in 6A, I really think it was bc of their “silly” and fun show designs, bc they still looked and sounded good, and they had great success with those style of shows in 5A. So, assuming they do that type of show again, they could very much win, but I do agree the LC could win it as well, we really just won’t know till the season starts 

Bro I just realized that I typed in "Madrid" but I meant to say "made". Darn it auto correct 😭😭😭 but I do get your point with Highland Park though.

On 3/26/2024 at 3:08 PM, Tubalord11 said:

Do we know if bands like Lakeview Centennial that are opting up/down are competing here or at 6A area C? It seems like there’s still some confusion, as others have mentioned them competing in 6A and others in 5A. Assuming it’s 5A, which Imo is their best option for making state, I think they have a great shot at state. I’m imagining HP will once again run this area, as they did very well in 5A with their creative cute shows, and am thinking rn, assuming everyone stays in their actual class will look around these lines: 

1st: Highland Park 

2nd: Lakeview Centennial 

3rd/4th: Poteet and North Mesquite-could be in any order 

5th: Mount Pleasant(could be top 3) 

6th: Red Oak

7th: West Mesquite 

8th: Terrell 

9th: Kaufman 

10th: A lot of bands 

Lakeview is opting down to competing in 5A

16 minutes ago, NoCommonSense said:

Lakeview is opting down to competing in 5A

Okay that’s great to hear, should pretty early make state and do so for a while unless they move back up or new areas alignments, super excited to see this program hopefully finally make state