UIL 6A Area C 2024

25 minutes ago, Mello10273 said:

Depending on how richardson’s program does this year after their end to the season last year I could see them getting top 8- or maybe top 5 if berkner or Duncanville have a poor season   Though I still think your rankings are the most likely (especially top 5)

1 hour ago, Mello10273 said:

Depending on how richardson’s program does this year after their end to the season last year I could see them getting top 8- or maybe top 5 if berkner or Duncanville have a poor season   

100%! They had a great finish to their season and if they can build off that they could be top 5 here 

As a Dville alumni, it’s nice to see them in a different setting from the usual bloodbath that is Area B but weirdly enough, I’m gonna miss it a little bit. When I saw the change, I nearly fainted because I thought they’d be going against the LISD trio before realizing they had also been moved into a new area 😂

35 minutes ago, CosmicLimbo said:

As a Dville alumni, it’s nice to see them in a different setting from the usual bloodbath that is Area B but weirdly enough, I’m gonna miss it a little bit. When I saw the change, I nearly fainted because I thought they’d be going against the LISD trio before realizing they had also been moved into a new area 😂

being from region 20 i was shaking in my boots 😭😭

14 hours ago, Dave609 said:

I managed to find all the bands in this area-

6A Area C (Region 3, 4, 20, 21)-

Region 3 (11)-

Forney HS
Garland HS
John Horn HS
Mesquite HS
North Forney HS
North Garland HS
Rockwall HS
Rockwall-Heath HS
Rowlett HS
Royse City HS
Sachse HS

Region 4 (0 Bands)

Region 20 (13)-

Berkner HS
Dallas Jesuit HS
Duncanville HS
Irving HS
Irving MacArthur HS
Irving Nimitz HS
JJ Pearce HS
Lake Highlands HS
Lancaster HS
Richardson HS
Skyline HS
Washington HS
Waxahachie HS

Region 21 (2)-

Longview HS
Tyler Legacy HS

some notable changes include Duncanville, Berkner, Waxahachie and Forney being added to this area! In total, there are 26 bands meaning that at most, 5 bands can advance to state from this area

It's also worth noting that De Soto, Lakeview Centennial, Naaman Forest, and South Garland are all opting up from 5A, but I don't believe that all of the 30 schools will even send a band to UIL region or that they'll all get 1s, so it seems likely for 4 or 5 to state from this area. It looks like this area will be a champion toss-up between Forney and Waxahachie, with Rockwall, Duncanville, Sachse, Lakeview Centennial, and each of the RISD schools all vying for state spots, and there won't be a lot of those. These revamped B, C, and J areas are super tough!

52 minutes ago, crunchycookie3 said:

It's also worth noting that De Soto, Lakeview Centennial, Naaman Forest, and South Garland are all opting up from 5A,

Sorry im a little slow so correct me if I’m wrong but by opting up do you mean they’re choosing to compete in 6A despite being 5a. I didn’t even know you could do that lol. 

2 hours ago, CosmicLimbo said:

Sorry im a little slow so correct me if I’m wrong but by opting up do you mean they’re choosing to compete in 6A despite being 5a. I didn’t even know you could do that lol. 

Yes, there's some process by which some 5As can opt up to 6A (though I'm not sure how it works.) Those schools are effectively 5A by enrollment, but have made the decision to move up to 6A for UIL activities.

Very Early Predictions:

1. Waxahachie

2. Forney

3. Rockwall

4. Berkner

5. Lake Highlands

6. Duncanville

7. JJ Pearce

8. Royse City

9. Richardson

10. Sachse

Very bold prediction. I think Rockwall has a good chance at top 3. I also think Berkner can make state twice if they have a good program. Royse City making top 8 is probably not my best idea, but I think Royse City, North Forney, and Heath have a good chance of making at least top 10. It is still very early so I based it off of last season. So please don’t go crazy on me. 

My current (very early) predictions: 

Waxahachie

Forney

berkner/rockwall/Dville

berkner/rockwall

(this 5th spot could be a toss up depending on how Pearce or richardson’s seasons could go) Lake Highlands/dville

lake highlands/pearce

Richardson/pearce

richardson/pearce

Royse city

sachse

I have a feeling that Duncanville could either have a great season or a bit of a less great season so that’s why I gave it such a gap

Richardson from what I’ve learned is stepping up their program again this year to an even higher level, now having a non varsity show and only marching some marchers (still the majority of course, probably 80/90% from my best guess), this is why I placed them above Royce city

of course the season hasn’t even started so this could change