1 hour ago, crunchycookie3 said:

I would love to see some different faces in finals here! I was pleasantly surprised when Cy Ranch made it last year. I’m pulling for Paetow or Cy Park to be next!

Love paetow’s show reveal, could definitely see them in! 

2 hours ago, crunchycookie3 said:

I would love to see some different faces in finals here! I was pleasantly surprised when Cy Ranch made it last year. I’m pulling for Paetow or Cy Park to be next!

I can’t say I’m surprised that Cy-Ranch made it last year, I knew it was going to be sometime based on the competitions they were heading too and show design, I was in the stands watching JV’s prelim run and it was rough, I knew that they probably were out of the finals based on that, langham creek and Cy-Ranch going right after one another made me a bit excited to see who was gonna get in. As far as Paetow, I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them join the ranks, really strong fundamentals going on over there, let it build and we will see what happens.

Cy-Park is an interesting one for me, I’d say they could use a bit more clarity in their ensemble sound because it’s not a bad sound at all. But clearing some of it up and having much more buy-in would do this group so much good. Lots of potential.

Jersey Village, they seemed to be struggling quite a bit during the early season and were at one point beaten by LC, at their second comp. I could tell there were just some timing/pacing issues, awkwardness, which is what area judges will prey on. I’m pretty sure their marching director went to TWHS after 21’ and then they went from 4th, 8th, 12th at each area competition, he must’ve been absolutely amazing, I just hope this doesn’t cause this program to “fall off” even more, don’t want to be another Cy-Falls situation.

Predictions(with what we know currently): 

1. Bridgeland

2. Cy-Fair

3. Tompkins 

4. Cy-Woods

5. Jordan 

6. 7L

7. Cy-Ranch

8. James E. Taylor

9.Katy

10. Paetow/LC 

14 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

I can’t say I’m surprised that Cy-Ranch made it last year, I knew it was going to be sometime based on the competitions they were heading too and show design, I was in the stands watching JV’s prelim run and it was rough, I knew that they probably were out of the finals based on that, langham creek and Cy-Ranch going right after one another made me a bit excited to see who was gonna get in. As far as Paetow, I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them join the ranks, really strong fundamentals going on over there, let it build and we will see what happens.

Cy-Park is an interesting one for me, I’d say they could use a bit more clarity in their ensemble sound because it’s not a bad sound at all. But clearing some of it up and having much more buy-in would do this group so much good. Lots of potential.

Jersey Village, they seemed to be struggling quite a bit during the early season and were at one point beaten by LC, at their second comp. I could tell there were just some timing/pacing issues, awkwardness, which is what area judges will prey on. I’m pretty sure their marching director went to TWHS after 21’ and then they went from 4th, 8th, 12th at each area competition, he must’ve been absolutely amazing, I just hope this doesn’t cause this program to “fall off” even more, don’t want to be another Cy-Falls situation.

Predictions(with what we know currently): 

1. Bridgeland

2. Cy-Fair

3. Tompkins 

4. Cy-Woods

5. Jordan 

6. 7L

7. Cy-Ranch

8. James E. Taylor

9.Katy

10. Paetow/LC 

Likely hood of a tie this year? Maybe?

Jordan , Tompkins, 7L , Cy Ranch are rising for sure and wasn’t there a 3-way tie back in 2021 in this area for 1st place? 

1 hour ago, ruben_f said:

Jordan , Tompkins, 7L , Cy Ranch are rising for sure and wasn’t there a 3-way tie back in 2021 in this area for 1st place? 

Jordan and 7L could tie I see tompkins below them and ranch below tompkins. Bridgeland, 7L, and Woods tied in 2021 with Bridgeland winning on judging preference

4 hours ago, ruben_f said:

I definitely see some possible ties, Jordan, Tompkins, 7L could tie with one of those programs being in and the other 2 fighting it out, heck even cinco ranch, Katy or Cy ranch could surprise everyone next year. Who knows? 
Im predicting Bridgeland, Cy-Fair, and Cy-Woods will be locks for state but woods’ show makes me question it just a bit. Though I won’t say the content of it😂.

1 hour ago, 2027bhs said:

woods show is definitely interesting. the way they are approaching everything as in the music,costumes, and theme no aligning very well.

I think it’s a cute show but I’m not sure how it’ll go over with area judges, definitely in finals but I don’t know about state with this show, especially with Tompkins, Jordan, and 7L on the rise, given their shows this year I could see this being the first time Cy-Woods misses state in a WHILE.

4 hours ago, 2027bhs said:

I agree. This may be the year they may only be 2 CFISD schools, but we shall see.

We shall see indeed. Very confident in Cy-Fair and Bridgeland to pull what they did last year. Been a WHILE since that happened and I have no doubt it will again.

Just saw a video from Bridgeland's preview show from their community performance. 

GOOD LORD THAT PERCUSSION SECTION!! 😱😱😱

A little biased towards the home team since it's my son's senior year, but I'll think they will be a close second to us. The winds seem a little stronger than last year but I've always said that Bridgeland's strength is in their Guard and Percussion. The music seems a lot more challenging.  Will be interesting to see what's being rewarded when it's contest season. Looking forward to seeing them at the first BOA competition is Conroe. 

Also.. watch our for Tomball Memorial this year. I know things I shouldn't but I would say that their hornline is the strongest in our area this year. Probably right under the Woodlands. 

Excited to see what everyone thinks of our show this year. It's our favorite one yet and will definitely be memorable for all! 

12 hours ago, Cy-FairDad said:

Just saw a video from Bridgeland's preview show from their community performance. 

A little biased towards the home team since it's my son's senior year, but I'll think they will be a close second to us. The winds seem a little stronger than last year but I've always said that Bridgeland's strength is in their Guard and Percussion. The music seems a lot more challenging.  Will be interesting to see what's being rewarded when it's contest season. Looking forward to seeing them at the first BOA competition is Conroe. 

Also.. watch our for Tomball Memorial this year. I know things I shouldn't but I would say that their hornline is the strongest in our area this year. Probably right under the Woodlands. 

Excited to see what everyone thinks of our show this year. It's our favorite one yet and will definitely be memorable for all! 

Gonna be really cool to see Bridgeland and Cy-Fair battle out the top spot at Conroe, I think from a BOA standpoint, Cy-Fair tends to be stronger than Bridgeland.

1 hour ago, nightlife said:

Super excited to get this season rolling. I know all the bands in this area will bring their A game, or should I say "I" game 

There are 96 days left until September 1, when we can actually see some shows on YouTube. 😏

On 5/24/2024 at 11:26 PM, Cy-FairDad said:

Bridgeland's show will be outrageous this year. Can't say much more than that without spilling beans. 

47 minutes ago, tubapop said:

Bridgeland's show will be outrageous this year. Can't say much more than that without spilling beans. 

Any chance Bridgeland could stop by my apartment and play what they have so far, asking for a friend.😂😂😂

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Clamp said:

How do you guys feel about langham creek?

I think they have everything that they need to be in finals, it’s just a matter of getting that “shine” of an area finalist, and the consistency of that. A performance refinement would essentially pave the way IMO. I’d say the only reason we haven’t seen them in finals is because of Covid/2020, pre-Covid they were really strong, although I can’t really say I’d be too happy about placing 11th two years in a row, I know that must be aggravating.

8 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

I think they have everything that they need to be in finals, it’s just a matter of getting that “shine” of an area finalist, and the consistency of that. A performance refinement would essentially pave the way IMO. I’d say the only reason we haven’t seen them in finals is because of Covid/2020, pre-Covid they were really strong, although I can’t really say I’d be too happy about placing 11th two years in a row, I know that must be aggravating.

I totally agree, I hope they can take that next step and go back to where they were pre Covid.