VANGUARD YELL

euro_euph06

For those of yall that are just curious or are going to DCI Finals:

From the Santa Clara Vanguard website:

Vanguard Yell

Where exactly do I yell VANGUARD? Time to start practicing....

August 5, 2006

The "Vanguard" yell has become a popular tradition over the last few years. There has been debate whether or not the staff specifically plans the yell into the show, and while the truth is still mystery, one thing is for sure... we want you to yell this year!

If you are coming to Madison for the DCI World Championships, or you'll be watching the Quarterfinals Cinecast in the theaters on Thursday, we need and want you to yell as loud as you can.

However, there is one catch - you must yell in the proper place. We've heard that some people aren't exactly sure where to yell. To help you in this endeavor, we've posted a little clip that shows you exactly where to yell with all your might. It's during the last minute of the show, so you can build your excitement and energy as the show progresses.

Enjoy and thanks for your support! VANGUARD!!!!!!!!

OK, at SA, it was confusing me.

The Vanguard Yell has been around since the mid 90s, but back then it was usually in the opener. When Valenzuela too over the corps, he moved it to the back, right near the closer's big attack.

This show has both. If you were at Dirty SA, you might have heard two Vanguard Yells, like I did.

For those of yall that are just curious or are going to DCI Finals:

From the Santa Clara Vanguard website:

Vanguard Yell

Where exactly do I yell VANGUARD? Time to start practicing....

August 5, 2006

The "Vanguard" yell has become a popular tradition over the last few years. There has been debate whether or not the staff specifically plans the yell into the show, and while the truth is still mystery, one thing is for sure... we want you to yell this year!

If you are coming to Madison for the DCI World Championships, or you'll be watching the Quarterfinals Cinecast in the theaters on Thursday, we need and want you to yell as loud as you can.

However, there is one catch - you must yell in the proper place. We've heard that some people aren't exactly sure where to yell. To help you in this endeavor, we've posted a little clip that shows you exactly where to yell with all your might. It's during the last minute of the show, so you can build your excitement and energy as the show progresses.

Enjoy and thanks for your support! VANGUARD!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a great ideal. I will definately do it when i want it.

• 4 months later...
idk...it sounded a lot like vanguard. maybe it was "Go Hec(Vanguard)tor"

haha.

That was definitely "Go Hector!" I was one of the people in '05 he asked if I could yell it...Unfortunately, I had to view the show in the endzone of Gilette Stadium. I didn't say anything because that silent guard feature was my favorite part of the show.