Aaaaaawwwwww Yeeeaaaaahhh!!!

High Cam is back baby!!!

For the past couple of years, GN was the only BOA competition that has had a High Cam angle on the DVD's. Well, that's all going to change.

For 2006, BOA Super Regional's will have the Finals shot in High Cam only. They really should put both angles in, but I'm not complaining because I only want the High Cam anyways.

The Individual Band Prelims performances will be available in both High Cam and Multi Cam, though, for your parents that only want to see close-ups of you.

Now, the confusing thing is that the regular BOA Regionals are backwards from the SR's. Finals will be shot in Multi Cam only, but both will still be available for individual prelims.

Also, they actually say on the website that the GN videos won't ship until February 2007. <_>

QUOTE (Xenon @ Aug 3 2006, 07:42 AM)
For 2006, BOA Super Regional's will have the Finals shot in High Cam only. They really should put both angles in, but I'm not complaining because I only want the High Cam anyways.

Unless, I'm reading wrong...

It says that BOA Regional & Super Regional Finals will be shot in multi angle only.

3rd & 4th one down in the left column.

http://www.mrvideoonline.com/boa.htm

It would be really weird if Finals were shot in high cam only.

uhhh personally I like multi cam angle better, because it gives you a more immersive view of the band - there are a lot of cool things that you'll miss with just a stationary cam up in the rafters. In a perfect world they'd include BOTH formats in ALL DVDs... for a reasonable price - but then the DVD's would ship 'sometime in the next decade' <_<

Unless, I'm reading wrong...

It says that BOA Regional & Super Regional Finals will be shot in multi angle only.

I think they left that information up from 2005. If you click on 2006 and then go into any of the contests:

For example: http://www.mrvideoonline.com/event-details.asp?ID=455590

They have listed that Regionals will be Multi-Cam and Super Regionals will be High-Cam.

What really bugs me about the multi cam is that sometimes the camera men don't focus at the right time.

For the past three years, whenever we had a BIG pit feature, they focused on the band that was basically standing still.

Oh well. My hair was pretty ugly back then. And maybe still today. Who knows?

Oh TRU DAT! Actually in an UUBER perfect world the BOA DVDs would be a reasonably priced, be shipped in a timely manner, come in both camera formats, AND the band would be able to submit a camera script - telling the camera operators what parts of the band to focus on during what parts of the show... but alas this is not a perfect world. To note, I think Ronald Reagan has some secret contract with the BOA DVD makers - b/c their shows ALWAYS look cool during all 8 minutes on the video - in reality I think Reagan just must have the world's most showiest shows, so that no matter where you look at any moment something WICKED cool is going on... cept maybe that one time in 2003 during that sound system catastrophe that sounded like a whale lol... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
To note, I think Ronald Reagan has some secret contract with the BOA DVD makers - b/c their shows ALWAYS look cool during all 8 minutes on the video - in reality I think Reagan just must have the world's most showiest shows, so that no matter where you look at any moment something WICKED cool is going on... cept maybe that one time in 2003 during that sound system catastrophe that sounded like a whale lol... :lol:

Are you kiiiiidding me?! I haaaaaaaaaaaaate multi-cam so much. When my and my friends sit around to watch the shows (god we're losers) we always get mad because they feature the wrong moments. I'm soooo happy about the high-cam thing, thats the only thing I watch on my grand nats dvd