Don Hanna Memorial Marching Contest (Oct 7th)

rebel99

For those wondering, Arlington Martin is James Martin! It seems they are going to this, then BOA dfw, and I'm guessing if they don't make finals there will come perform here in the evening. Anyways, here's the schedule: 

8:45 James Martin HS

9:00 Break

9:15 Ponder HS

9:30 Break 

9:45 RL Turner HS

10:00 Lake Dallas HS

10:15 North Mesquite HS

10:30 Panther Creek HS

10:45 Grand Saline HS

11:00 Break 

11:15 Graham HS

11:30 Newman Smith HS

11:45 Northwest HS

12:00 Birdville HS

12:15 The Colony HS

12:30 Break

1:30 Lakeview Centennial HS

1:45 Arlington HS

2:00 Nimitz HS

2:15 Anna HS 

2:30 Rockwall-Heath HS

2:45 Break 

3:00 Guyer HS

3:15 Tyler Legacy HS

3:30 Garland HS

3:45 Mansfield HS

4:00 Little Elm HS 

4:15 UTA Exhibition 

4:30 Awards Ceremony 

10th Anna HS

9th Rockwall Heath

8th Lakeview Centennial

7th Panther Creek

6th Birdville

Woodwinds The Colony

Brass The Colony

Percussion The Colony

Color Guard Anna HS

5th Little Elm

4th North Mesquite

Visual Performance The Colony

Music Performance The Colony

3rd Arlington Martin

2nd Mansfield

1st The Colony

15 minutes ago, jamminsalmon_ said:

Congratulations to everyone that competed here, it was awesome seeing / meeting everyone and every band I watched brought some heat 🔥 good luck to everyone in y’all’s future comps! - TCHS Sax Section Leader

Big congrats to you guys!!

2 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

I was quite shocked that Martin didn't win this. It just seems like their program has gone downhill after Mr. McCann, their old director left. They got 12th at HEB and didn't make finals at BOA DFW this year. I wonder what the rest of this season looks like for them, especially going into area.

Honestly, I think they're having transition issues. I think they're executing great and are clean, but as a program they're in a tough spot. Losing McCann is a big blow to them, especially since the new director they have is extremely different from him.  As an alumni, I'm confident that in future years they will continue to pick up steam if they keep the spark going culturally, but for now, they're having growing pains. The kids there right now are great, I'm sure they'll figure it out.

14 minutes ago, MartinTuba said:

Honestly, I think they're having transition issues. I think they're executing great and are clean, but as a program they're in a tough spot. Losing McCann is a big blow to them, especially since the new director they have is extremely different from him.  As an alumni, I'm confident that in future years they will continue to pick up steam if they keep the spark going culturally, but for now, they're having growing pains. The kids there right now are great, I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Yeah, It's just that I never would've expected bands like Boswell, Fossil Ridge, or even Mansfield to beat them out. They were making significant progress at that, making area finals for the first time in almost a decade, but now with him gone, I don't know what the future holds for them. I believe McCann is now at Timber Creek and they're having their best season as of late. 

7 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

Yeah, It's just that I never would've expected bands like Boswell, Fossil Ridge, or even Mansfield to beat them out. They were making significant progress at that, making area finals for the first time in almost a decade, but now with him gone, I don't know what the future holds for them. I believe McCann is now at Timber Creek and they're having their best season as of late. 

I completely agree. I was quite shocked too seeing some of their contest results this year, especially the DFW prelims sheet. I’m not sure if it was a good idea to schedule 2 contests in a day, the kids probably feel exhausted right now. I hope they can pull it together before their next contest, which is area if we’re discounting region.