Ask A Random Question.

Marvin

I play in a freaking awesome university wind ensemble. We're learning Music for Prague 1968 right now and it's pretty amazing, considering it's a piece that's supposed to be played loud it's being played by a college band (college band = LOUD!). Just last week we were rehearsing and towards the end of the piece the brass are pretty much playing as loud as we possibly can, except it's heavily distorted/uncontrolled, so the conductor stops us and we're thinking "Crap, yeah we're playing too loud for sure, he's probably going to tell us to back off", except he goes "Ok, brass, I definitely want that level of volume, except by next rehearsal I want all of you to put that on a tuner so that it's controlled and locks in", and all the while I'm sitting there with a surprised look on my face thinking "God I love this band!".

What did/are you do[ing] for spring break?

I don't really know anyone yet. I just moved again so idk.

The band itself is rather good. Wind Ensemble is REALLY good but Symphonic isn't as great. However, we (because I am in Symphonic also) have gotten better since when we first started Concert Season.

Do you do anything other than band?

I do newspaper. Oh the fun times of getting out of band at 7, dragging myself back into a class room to finish a deadline and leaving at 10. We are actually one of the top newspapers in the state.

Is there any rumors flying around your band about next years show? (Don't say it, but just if their there)

Not really rumors, just the directors being annoyed with themselves about procrastinating about telling us what it is...

Should I be depressed that our band isn't doing BOA next year? or happy that they're taking a year off from it to help rebuild after losing a third of this year's band due to seniors graduating? or not care because I'm one of those seniors?

Edited by ftwdrummer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I can't decide on a really techy solo for my April senior credit...Any ideas for trumpet solo????? I have my slow selection already, I just need something a little quicker, doesn't have to be insane range or anything, just has to be more demanding than my slow piece.

Flight of the Bumblebee

Why do I love peanuts so much?