Breakdowns On and Off the Field

euro_euph06

Well...after the sound check, the sound system was supposed to reset automatically. And as you can assume, it did not. So when the sound system was started again, it was already about 5ish seconds into the show. The soloist went with it, but the front of the block did not. Drumline came in when they were suppose to. Then when the band came in, the music was about a half page ahead of the drill. The trumpets (being the most ridicously dumb section hands down) actually did something smart. No one played during those four sections (since they have their little fanfare soli by themselves). Thus allowing for the band to make a huge four count recovery. Most of the marchers have gone through this during the previous marching season (Planets) at the LISD Band Night performance. But those who did not march last year (all freshmen and a few upperclassmen) were confused.

But hey, we are over it. The seniors graduated (hee hee thats me) are moving on to better things (since there are things to do in life than just marching band/DCI :o) and next year's show (from what I have heard) is fantasticall written by Mark Higgombotthom. Its called Fire of Eternal Glory (music of Shostakovich's 10th Symphony and Fire of Eternal Glory.

But this is the DCI forum--lets talk about them.

Most people remember the BD '89 show and the soloist who royally screwed up for the first time all season. Show was good regardless of that though.

93 Scouts during the Finale---I think Matt Gregg never missed his solo until Finals Night.

Is it just me---or was the transfer of the trumpet/bari in the Ballad of the '04 Cavaliers botched?

The Pagliacci soprano soloist in Phantom's 91 show had a rought time with his.

That is all I can remember at the moment.

Wow, what a reality check: knowing that eveb a high-scoring drum corps can make mistakes.

I do feel a bit bad for what happened to Cadet's snareline. The drumline is the metronome of the band/corps, and if something goes wrong with them it could spread throughout the entire ensemble!

Like others, I can personally relate; one show we had a couple of years ago our back field drum major started at a different time than the head drum major. That was a mess.

A bit? understatement of the century if you ask me. Those solos were awful. Maybe it was nerve or maybe he just had a bad day, who knows.

The baritone solos (and I think there was a horn too) in the SCV 89 dance movement were VERY good though. Nothing wrong with those whatsover. The trumpet ones? Yes, a lot of crackage if you ask me. As for the Blue Devils show? Definitely the worst screw up I've heard in the DCI world. Poor guy.

QUOTE (VRHSRangerTBone @ Jul 3 2006, 11:14 PM)
The baritone solos (and I think there was a horn too) in the SCV 89 dance movement were VERY good though. Nothing wrong with those whatsover. The trumpet ones? Yes, a lot of crackage if you ask me. As for the Blue Devils show? Definitely the worst screw up I've heard in the DCI world. Poor guy.

Yeah those were really good. The guy nailed the fluegelhorn solo at least.