NBA FINALS

euro_euph06

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spots are set---the Miami Heat vs. the Dallas Mavericks. This is going to be a great series. While I want the championship to stay in Texas, I dont see an answer for Wade and Shaq.

My fearless prediction: Miami in Six.

The Mavericks has more depth than the Heat, Dallas has the home advantage, im not saying this because im a fan, but...

Dallas in 6

Mavericks, because Avery Johnson is the shiznat. But Mark Cuban needs to burn in heck

I think Dallas in 5, I think they've got all the momentum they need right now to own the crap out of the heat. They've defeated two very strong opponents in the Spurs and Suns in the last 2 rounds, and I believe they'll be able to handle the Heat with no problem.

Mavericks, because Avery Johnson is the shiznat. But Mark Cuban needs to burn in heck

I think Dallas in 5, I think they've got all the momentum they need right now to own the crap out of the heat. They've defeated two very strong opponents in the Spurs and Suns in the last 2 rounds, and I believe they'll be able to handle the Heat with no problem.

I agree, after game five with Dirk scoring 50 points, I'm pretty sure with enough enthusiasm and strength, the Mavs can really pull ahead. Game 5 started with the Mavs leading, and then soon widdled down to 70-77 in favor of the Suns. Most people probably gave up hope by then, but you saw Dallas come together and get led by Dirk to completely turn around the game. The same thing happened in game 6, the mavs were down by great amounts, but came back in the end. It just shows how strong the team is when thye are really determined and set on winning. After barely beating the Spurs 119-111 in overtime in game seven, and having off games with the Suns, I think the Mavericks have learned their lesson and will be really strong and agressive going into game 1 on thursday. Their main problem with the Suns, as shown in game 4, was their under-estimating of the Suns, and feeling that there was not as much to worry about as there was for the Spurs. I think Dallas will win, aslong as they do not pull a huge lead of the Heat ( 3-1) Historically it seems the more hyped up they become with the chance to win, the more off their game is. They need to use the viewpoint that the suns were having that every game should be looked at like a game 7. They need to put everything on the line, and be aggresive. As previously stated, when that happened, we saw Dallas pull miracles on the court.

Yesterday's game was proof that if you double team Shaq, or basically put him out of action, the Heat are nothing. Wade is good, but he is not the entire team. The Heat are going to lose until someone else step's up. Shaq isn't a great shot either, as much as you like to defend him, he consistantly misses throws from the line. Everyone on the Mavericks can make shot's anywhere on the court. People like Nowitzki constantly make 3's. The Mavericks work together more as a team, and they are willing to make extra passes if it means scoring. The level of trust between the players, and the lack of greed in owning the ball is why they are a better team than the Heat.

Yeah, If Dirk made that final shot from the line, there would be no reason to assume Wade would get fouled, and it would of sent the game into overtime. Considering Wade and the Heat were playing their best, it showed how good of a team the Mavericks were, and that when they recover, the Heat will be blown away. The Mavericks didn't play a good game during the fourth, Wade should of gotten fouled out twice. Stackhouse had a lot of shots that he should of made, and it was an off night for him.

Yeah, if they didn't lose any, then where would all the excitement be?

yes, non-excitement for the rest of the country

but i would rather get it over with in 4 games than lets say 7

and im tired of those American Airlines people saying "i want it to go 7 games because our increase...blah blah blah"

Sports isnt about excitement, yes it would be boring, but its all about winning and being a good sport