Area G Marching Contest 2023

DeadMascot

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the contest.  United sounded great! Marched well too!  Alexander.. meh. Those woodwinds are a little....aggressive???  Hanna's electronics didn't work at all.  No solo mics, no subs, no synths, no mallet mics...ya nada.  They got some spots where they're playing and marching with no battery percussion...how do they hold it together?  Most entertaining band of the day was Cigarroa!!!!  Easily the crowd favorite.  San Benny and PSJA were decent. Harlingen was typical Harlingen but smaller.  Wasn't the music that Martin HS played from Hanna's show last year???!!!???  

Can't wait for Area!  Throw Weslaco and Los Fresnos in the mix.  Should be interesting.

2 hours ago, SpudMuffin said:

Saw the contest.  United sounded great! Marched well too!  Alexander.. meh. Those woodwinds are a little....aggressive???  Hanna's electronics didn't work at all.  No solo mics, no subs, no synths, no mallet mics...ya nada.  They got some spots where they're playing and marching with no battery percussion...how do they hold it together?  Most entertaining band of the day was Cigarroa!!!!  Easily the crowd favorite.  San Benny and PSJA were decent. Harlingen was typical Harlingen but smaller.  Wasn't the music that Martin HS played from Hanna's show last year???!!!???  

Can't wait for Area!  Throw Weslaco and Los Fresnos in the mix.  Should be interesting.

not this guy again😵‍💫

Yeah this was the most exciting UISD Marching Festival I have ever seen (IMO). United did amazing and it was a big improvement from Boa Mcallen, especially with their balance in the music. JBA did amazing as well, but I believe their show is still missing a movement. That last movement to their show could determine everything. I was very surprised by San Benito! San Benito's music was incredible. All they're missing is that visual content. Sadly I wasn't able to watch Hanna or PSJA, but I saw a video of Hanna's show at the festival and they're pretty clean. I am very excited to see United coming back after their slight downfall due to the covid quarantine.