UIL 5A Area F 2023

Joshua’s show is “Rise Up” and finishes out the 2nd block. I loved the band’s entrance to the field from the “powerline” of the end zone as they individually take flight to their position…nice touch! The show falls a little flat in the middle but picks up nicely after the ballad. Nice tenor sax solo! Good finish to the show. Might have a chance at finals.

RL Turner kicks off the final block and sure enough we get more music from interstellar. A bit of a rough start but they recovered once the routine kicked in. There’s a lot of exposed parts in the middle section that could use some cleaning up. Trumpet solo was played with authority. Good full ensemble balance in the final section. Nice show!

Aledo’s show “Havana Nights” starts off very solid and then transitions into a great flute solo but then there were a couple tempo issues evident that will cost them. The french horn and trombone duet was melodic and polished. The ensemble balance was clean and stadium filling. Marching was pretty clean throughout. I believe they left the door open for the top spot. Good performance overall.

14 minutes ago, texastrumpetdad said:

Final’s Predictions after prelim performance:

1 Burleson Centennial 

2 Aledo 

3 Colleyville Heritage

4 Richland

5 Azle

6 Birdville

7 Grapevine

8 Brewer

9 Midlothian 

10 Saginaw

Am I weird that I really liked Arlington Heights and think they have a chance to make finals?