2023 USBands Dallas Regional (Sept. 30)

BandNerd07

23 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

Okay, so here the thing as we get closer to the day of this contest. This is going to be the biggest comp (at least in DFW) this week. Though it might not have as many state tier bands like HEB or Wylie, it is definitely going to be a fun show. I think bands like Southlake, Lewisville, Pearce, and Centennial are secure in finals, it is going to be a be a war for these bands to get into finals:

Mansfield

Summit

North Forney

North Crowley

Cleburne

Everman

Midlothian Heritage

Ryan

Timberview

Burleson

Crowley

So there ya go, 11 potential finalists, but only 8 of these are actually going to make it. Lmk what yall think this comp might look like this Saturday.

I don’t see Eaton on here

30 minutes ago, BandNerd07 said:

Yeah, I realized I messed up. I underestimated how good Eaton really was. After just now watching their show from last year, I can say they indeed are a lock, probably even top 5.

Yeah, I’d be surprised if they weren’t but anything can happen, very excited to see how this contest ends up turning out!

59 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Yeah, I’d be surprised if they weren’t but anything can happen, very excited to see how this contest ends up turning out!

Yes, definitely. Also here's a fun fact: this is the largest USBands event in the entire nation, with 29 bands. It is unbelievable how rapid this contest is growing when we only started this comp just last year with only 11 bands, so every band made finals. From what I've heard, the directors of the bands that attended last year loved it so much, that they shared the word which led to this being the largest USBands event in the nation!

On 6/15/2023 at 6:59 PM, BandNerd07 said:

Yeah, I forgot about North Forney. I didn't get to see them this past season and I was surprised by how low they placed at area. Extremely underrated band and its just a shadow of Forney High, it seems like.

Hey! I go to North Forney! Last years Program was Modern Matador! This years program is called Dream world!!!

We're doing alot better than we were last year toooo-! sooo keep your eyes peeled tomorrow! We'll try not to dissapoint! 

5 hours ago, texastrumpetdad said:

I'll make a prediction that Burleson Centennial has a legimate shot at upsetting Southlake in finals for the top spot! After seeing them perform last week and watching Southlake as well it's very possible. It will all depend on who brings their "A" game to their finals performance.

Yeah, saw them last week too. Me personally, I liked them better than Braswell at the Saginaw comp last week.

Prelims Results - Burleson Centennial tied with Southlake! It’s setting up for an incredible finals!!!

66.6 Godly (1 - Group I)

67.5 Waco

69.2 Troy

71.1 Grandview

72.4 Irving

75.5 Timberview

77.9 Burleson (1 - Group II)

65.4 Stephenville 

70.0 Denton

70.8 McCarthur

71.0 Everman

71.2 Parkway