2023 UIL 4A Area D

On 10/17/2023 at 12:29 PM, CSharpeRun said:

La Grange could surprise people this year. They had some things to tidy up but gave an excellent performance at Region. They've been making jumps the last couple of years and had a strong run this contest season. I've heard a few people pin them for Finals and a couple say State is possible. Taylor was pretty close as well. Hoping to see Region 18 in the Finals/State! 

LG will definitely be turning some heads Saturday, no doubt about it. No predictions yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they slip into finals. They’re consistently placing well at competitions and their show this year is impressive, see y’all Saturday.

22 minutes ago, kuzzz said:

Anyone have any opinions on Godley? As a student, I would love to hear thoughts about the show this year.

Just found a video on YouTube.  Love the Marching and the visuals. Music was good. I  feel like when I hear the music live it'll sound alot better. Feels like the recording quality wasn't that great. Great show! Best of luck on Saturday! 

26 minutes ago, kuzzz said:

Anyone have any opinions on Godley? As a student, I would love to hear thoughts about the show this year.

I believe Godley will advance to Finals. If they clean what they need to, they could take 6th-9th place. Otherwise Godley will finish between 10th-12th place. Either way, Godley should make Finals this year and their show is amazing. Strongest points in the show this year would have to be the visuals and brass. Percussion and footwork need a little work, but other than that, y’all should be good.

I've seen a few critiques about us, but how do y'all feel about Gatesville? We've been really nervous about tomorrow because we haven't been able to gauge ourselves against any bands in two weeks. We won't be going to the football game tonight since it's almost three hours away, so we won't have a performance before the contest.

Anything you have to offer is helpful. I think there's a video of our Region performance on YouTube for refrence.

1 hour ago, tastiestbiscuit123 said:

I've seen a few critiques about us, but how do y'all feel about Gatesville? We've been really nervous about tomorrow because we haven't been able to gauge ourselves against any bands in two weeks. We won't be going to the football game tonight since it's almost three hours away, so we won't have a performance before the contest.

Anything you have to offer is helpful. I think there's a video of our Region performance on YouTube for refrence.

im also from there, and from what i've been hearing from the directors, i want to say that the woodwinds need some work, the spacing is a big comment and alignment is also another thing, other than that, Gatesville is a pretty good band, and what happens at area depicts a lot about the band.

2 hours ago, tastiestbiscuit123 said:

I’ve seen you guys a few times this year and I think you should go in with confidence. At this point you aren’t making major changes before Saturday. But if everyone is focused up you can expect a finals run. At Springtown you beat a couple of the other perennial finalists in area D. You can beat them again. I’m pulling for you guys. You made state last year and it’s a realistic goal again this year. 

49 minutes ago, BulldogMom said:

How do we feel about Bandera? Their last performance something clicked and they sounded SO good. 

They’ve definitely been making huge strides in the past couple years, I would not be surprised if they broke into the teens this year, setting up a great vantage point for breaking into finals later on.