A Question for you Clarinets

TRtrumpet

Good highschool clarinets go higher than that quite often; all the way to the G above that in some cases (in Bb of course).

Depending upon your desired difficulty, though, I wouldn't spend too much time up there since it takes a really strong player to sustain control over that range.

Technically I think a clarinet can go to a C above the high G. I have a fingering chart for it, but I've never heard a high schooler play higher than a G. But I don't think it's impossible.

Not to brag, but I can play this high "C'. It is a perfect technique for improves, so I had to teach myself this in order to be "impressive".

How I learned this was I was grounded for 6 monthes in 8th grade..and learned everything about the clarinet. I pretty much did all my research on that darn thing. :-p

Nerd? But what can I say? 6th monthes!!!! What else is there to do?

• 3 weeks later...
Technically I think a clarinet can go to a C above the high G. I have a fingering chart for it, but I've never heard a high schooler play higher than a G. But I don't think it's impossible.

It is...since my last post on this topic, I learned how to play a high A..actually, I was forced to play it, thanks to the "Elegy for a Young American" song we got not too long ago. But I still sound horrible on that note :lol:

I actually I been able to play a highest note in the Bb Clarinet instrument back in high school.

:):rolleyes:B)

Very cool!

I didn't mean to sound so.....limiting I guess with my comment about the range. I do know some people that are able to play higher but the majority that I've seen have only been able to get out a G. But of course tone quality on that note is a COMPLETELY different thing.

• 2 months later...