Other music writting software?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do i open first? the "fl_451_full.reg" or the "FLStudio451_install.exe"

i'm in the process of downloading the three part Edirol thing right now.

Open the .exe file first, because that's the actual program. However, when you open it, it will only be a demo, meaning you can't save, or anything like that. HOWEVER, after you have FL Studio, you open the .reg file, and that will turn FL Studio into the full version. If you follow the instructions that Fortissimo gave me, it should work. If not, come back with your questions, and we should be able to work this out. Hope that helped! :D

- mm

• 3 weeks later...

Oh really!? Do you think so? Do you think that you can compose anything within a conceivable scope of what I compose? I highly doubt it. I wrote with Genreal midi synths for a very long time, I'll have you know. they sound fine to me, but some people care about what it will actually sound like when it's done. You talk real big, but I haven't seen you post any music as of yet. So, Mr. Bigshot, lets hear it. That is, if you think you can compare.

I still don't see you offering anything up. I don't claim to be the "king composer", I just claim that you haven't shown yourself to be anything as of yet. So you may think your witty, or cunning in your little sidestep here, but I'm not an idiot. Your clearly evading the issue. So let's hear something, anything, you've written. I'm sure it will speak for itself.

I hate to be so caustic, but you are making rather large, albeit indirect accusations here, and I simply won't stand for it. Thus, I feel I must call your credibility into question.

I'm sidestepping because I know the general populus of this forum generally enjoys fast, loud, marching band music. Reading "Should a marching show have a slow movement?" or whatever that poll was further confirmed this.

But if I must, I can show you some things I'm working on. I would show you something that's finished, but I don't think any of it is very good anymore.

http://www.geocities.com/kingsmello/index.html

The sonata is possibly going to be one movement of several.

The atonal sketch is a quirky little thing I've been messing around with for wind ensemble.

Now we're talking.

This Sonata is quite nice; a little difficult for the French Horn, lol, but maybe I just think that because nearly all ours all suck pretty badly... It has a lot of interesting ideas. I like the piano parts especially. You make good use of the ostinato techniques. Ending is a bit abrupt, but that's alright.

Atonal is pretty cool. I like the part where it all sort of falls into place really well starting at :30. It fits well together. I assume it's unfinished... you may want to reowrk a little bit of the beginning. Other than that, I enjoyed it.

Nice work overall.

• 2 weeks later...