• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for u music peeps out there

finale

&

sibilius

Go to www.forumw.org and sign up for a free account then just use the search and u can dl a full version of finale 2004..maybe 5..ionoo..i havent updated mine

Could you be more specific than that, because I searched for music software, and I thought I had found Finale, when instead, I had found AND DOWNLOADED a virus. :mellow: Luckily, my anti-virus software detected and erased it, but I might not be so lucky next time. Anyway, do you think you could do us a favor and give us the exact post where it is? Also, do you think you could give some instructions, because it just has websites listed under "Code," and that is a bit confusing.

- mm

F2k6BoxShot.gif

http://forumw.org/viewtopic.php?t=15375&highlight=finale

^that one takes a while..its finale 2006...

if ya look at the last post there..u see mpablo say "thank u" thats manuel_pablo from here..

the first set of code is the download..for the program itself

the second set (which u still have to dl) is the serials to register it to work

(note: you may need WinRar to unzip these files..its just like winzip but just different name..u can download it at www.download.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry about u downloading the virus..hasnt happen to me once..and ive downloaded tons of programs of that site

http://rapidshare.de/files/8507892/fl_451_full.reg.html <-- that's the crack for FL 4.5.1

And because 4.5.1 has since been replaced by newer FL versions (which have yet to be properly cracked), you basically can not find an installer for the old version; except, from your's truly, lmao. I will post the link in 17 minutes when it is finished uploading.

Ok, here it is:

http://rapidshare.de/files/8508860/FLStudi...nstall.exe.html

Ok, thanks Fortissimo...I have FL Studio Demo, but how do I get Edirol Orchestral VSTi plugin? Because, from what I see on FL Studio Demo, it seems like more of a techno music composing software, which isn't really what I need. I assume that the Edirol Orchestral Plugin is where you do most of the composing? Or, am I missing something on the FL Studio? Am I looking at the wrong thing or something? Maybe you can help. Thanks again...

- mm

Ok...perhaps I'm technologically illiterate...well, I AM technologically illiterate and ignorant, but I've run into some problems along the way with this Edirol Orchestral stuff. So, I downloaded the 3 parts, but then I needed WinRar to extract the files, so I downloaded that. Then, I extracted the files, and then, I installed the program. But, the question is, now what? When I go to the program, almost all of the files are in some format that I can't open, and I'm just confused. I've had so much crap with all of these downloads that I almost feel like crying...but that might be a little baby-ish. I know I must sound like a broken record, but I would really like some help. Sorry for all the troubles.

- mm

Lmao, no problem.

Ok, first off, you need to make sure you ran the crack file I provided. The FL Studio should no longer be a demo file.

Second, once you've gotten that for sure, you need to install the Orchestral into this directory: Program files/FL Studio/Plugins/Vst or something similar to that.

Open up Fl studio, and add a handful of midi channels (Right click in the step sequencer-->add channel---> Midi out). Now, click on the button near the top of the screen that says FX (it's got some graphs illustrated on it) and make sure you're in the main FX track (its the far left). Now, click the arrow on one of the empty horizontal slots and go to select, and then to the top of the list where it says, in bold, "More...". Now, click refresh, fast scan, and it should end up with just a few new ones, and they will show up red. Orchestral should be on eof them. Double click on it.

Now, you're setup. I would save the file real quick. Just call it "Template", or something like that. NOw, The orchestral plug in has different channels. Each of the midi outs has a channel associated with it. These channels in the mid outs determine which instrument channel the orchestral plug in uses. You can change the settings in each Orchestral channel too... just mess around with that until you've got the right parts you want. Now, once you get the right instruments in the right channels, and the midi outs associated with them (by matching the channel numbers) save this as your new template (just hit ctrl s). Ok, now, you need to open the orchestral plug in again (if you closed it) and click system-->file--->performance save and save a file somewhere where you can find it later. This holds all the data for your instrumentation for later after you close and reopen your song between writing sessions. Now, you can start writing! Just right click the instrument you want to play certain things and click piano roll to write the riffs. Each little square is a 16th note... It's set up a little different than finale though; you see, you use different patterns to hold different melodic ideas and you can use them to loop or just for general sequencing purposes. Look at the example projects that came with FL (their in the folder projects/coolstuff) if you don't quite get the pattern/song set up. Oh, and if you want to just play the pattern or play the entire song, there are two buttons next to the play button; pat is pattern and song is song... yeah, just thought I would mention that, because it took me forever to figure that out, and I almost killed myself or someone else because I was stuck on pattern mode, lmao. If you have anymore questions, just ask.

Listen to my music.  Now listen to yours.  Who do you think is a more credible source of information?

Ouch...I do hope that you are referring to the SOUND quality of the music rather than the quality of the composition. Everyone's music from this site shows great promise, and I have enjoyed and learned much from all of it. If the attack is an attack on the composer, please stop, but if the attack is an attack on the software being used, then please, carry on. :D

- mm

Omg, Fortissimo. Thank you SO MUCH for this software. The sound is AMAZING. However, I have run into a tiny problem. I am all set up, but I do not know how to write for more than one instrument. I mean, I can only use the piano roll for one instrument, and it is number one (which, by default, is the flute). I know how to change this to other instruments, but so far, I can ONLY write for one instrument (or group of instruments). Is there a way where you can have multiple piano rolls at once, or can you only work on one at a time? Also, is there any way where you can print a score of music using the traditional staff notation so that you can give it to an ensemble? I would greatly appreciate it if you could answer these questions. Thanks again for everything!

- mm

Ok, well, you can only work on one part at a time, but you can just click on the top of the piano roll window where it has the name of the instrument to switch to the note matrix of another instrument quickly. Oh, and it's possible you set it up wrong; are you using Orchestral as an actuall channel? If so, by default it will only play the first channel. You have to use the midi out channels as extensions of it. OH! Right, you have to check and see what port the midi outs are on (Probably zero), and then open up orchestral and set it's port (top right hand corner) to that same port number.

In order to do that, you have to export to a midi file (which should work fine, because in a way that's how it is already set up) and take that midi file and import it into finale, noteworthy, sibelius, or any notation software like that. Then you can print it out from there.