Favorite Shows 2014

Leander, Flower Mound, and Cedar Ridge are my top 3 right now.  Hebron's up there too.  

Leander's whole show is very well designed.  Great pacing, awesome visual package, and the musical intensity is undeniably awesome.  

Flower Mound's is just luscious in every aspect.  The horn opening is amazing, love the Javelin, and the ballad is just beautiful.  Love the purple/lavender/pink/yellow color scheme, looks pretty stunning against their white uniforms.

Cedar Ridge's integration of a singer more so every year is awesome.  She's EXTREMELY breathtaking.  She's a very integral part this year, and she brings what would be an okay show without her to a whole other level.  

Easy for me. Hebron

I liked their show last year, but not as much as I liked the Woodlands or Broken Arrow (I was raised near broken arrow and moved to the dallas area 4 years ago years ago). Broken arrow is always amazing. And I think they have a really good shot of taking grand nats this year. But that's not the point.

Hebrons show is just the complete package. The opener is a balance of flaming fingered woodwinds and crazy runs with a few brass ensembles and whole band ensembles. But my favorite part is the story line which really hits during the ballad. With the whole change of dresses and the beautiful moment and all of the balance in the 2nd movement just gives me goosebumps. Then they go through the waltz where the princes dance with their princes. That always gets a pretty big reaction from the crowd. Then as it gets closer and closer to midnight, the music just gets harder and more intense. Then the clock strikes 12, and chaos ensues starting with a bold mellophone passage. Then a few features later the chaos comes to an end. I'm assuming the resolution is still yet to be put in hopefully along with a preshow but I will be somewhere in Austin so I will not be able to see region or area b competitions.

Another show that I like is cedar park or ridge, I can't remember which it was but it was about a bell tower or something along the lines of that. I loved that show. Just the articulation and the complexity of the music, that just makes me happy.

I just love watching all of these teenagers performing and doing what they love!

• 2 weeks later...