3. Bowie

4. Reagan

5. Hendrickson

6. Cedar Ridge

7. Anderson

8. Westlake

9. Pflugerville

10. Westwood

In my opinion, locks are CTJ , Bowie, RR, Hendrickson, Reagan, Cedar Ridge. Those could all go in different orders. 7-10 are not locks and who knows what will actually happen.

Some other bands with good chances: Churchill, Lake Travis, Wagner, Judson maybe because of previous years,  & New Braunfels

If you are a member of the Round Rock band, i would advise you to check out the band handbook available on the website,

Page 34 under Student expectations:

"11. Stay off the internet. Avoid posting comments on forums unless it’s to congratulate another band"

If you are a parent i would advise you to follow the same rule, if you care about your childs band program.

Either way I would  appreciate it if you deleted your comments, and stayed off the forums. Round Rock has worked hard for decades to develop a good reputation, and I certainly did not contribute 4 years of blood, sweat and tears so someones comments on the internet could give my Alma Mater a bad name.

What was the offensive comment? There's nothing here to give context...offensive how....offensive why..."comment removed." Not a big fan of censorship...in fact, not a fan at all..let's have it...I'll bet we all can take it in stride.

After seeing shows and looking at scores

Lock spots are

1- CTJ

2- round rock

3- cedar ridge

4- Bowie

Wild cards would be

1- Hendrickson

2- Reagan

3- churchill

4- Anderson

5- Judson

6- Westlake

Now that's only 4 bands with a lock but with Westlake struggling in Austin they aren't really a lock. Reagan has been struggling all year long with their show. They had some major problems with their drumline and aren't where they should be. Someone to look out for would be Churchill who was only .25 behind Reagan at Conroe ( and 4th in general effect behind CTJ, the woodlands, and spring) they could pull an upset. Also Judson because they have an interesting show and looking off and remembering 2012 they could make finals.

After seeing shows and looking at scores

Lock spots are

1- CTJ

2- round rock

3- cedar ridge

4- Bowie

Wild cards would be

1- Hendrickson

2- Reagan

3- churchill

4- Anderson

5- Judson

6- Westlake

Now that's only 4 bands with a lock but with Westlake struggling in Austin they aren't really a lock. Reagan has been struggling all year long with their show. They had some major problems with their drumline and aren't where they should be. Someone to look out for would be Churchill who was only .25 behind Reagan at Conroe ( and 4th in general effect behind CTJ, the woodlands, and spring) they could pull an upset. Also Judson because they have an interesting show and looking off and remembering 2012 they could make finals.

Luckily Westlake has improved so much since BOA Austin. That competition was early in the season and things are really different now. I don't know if I'd consider them a lock but I'd definitely say they have a legitimate shot. Their show is much improved and very difficult!

Round Rock's sounding great, at least on video.  Too low an angle to get a good drill read. Good to see they won't get screwed over by performance order like 2012, that still shocks me to this day. 

And, early season contests when shows are still being finished, cleaned, ect. aren't really a good indicator on how they'll finish the year.  We'll see tomorrow I guess.  Best of luck to everyone!  

Round Rock's sounding great, at least on video.  Too low an angle to get a good drill read. Good to see they won't get screwed over by performance order like 2012, that still shocks me to this day. 

And, early season contests when shows are still being finished, cleaned, ect. aren't really a good indicator on how they'll finish the year.  We'll see tomorrow I guess.  Best of luck to everyone!  

Definitely agree about the early competitions thing. You can't judge a band based on purely their first competition that's so early in the season.

That surprised me too, I remember them announcing finalists and when round rock was not a part of it, there was a hushed tone throughout all the bands including mine... I love their show this year! Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

I saw Bowie. The music and marching are so difficult... lots of movement. Their sound is unbelievable. Saw them at BOA and was impressed then...UIL last week and they were even better. I'm not sure how they managed to do it but today they were simply breathtaking. I'm really rooting for them and CTJ!

Well I guess it's anybody's to win. Someone - somewhere seriously needs to look at UIL grading. If one judge doesn't like your show, your toast....

I've been a pretty big defender of the UIL judging system for a long time as I have always liked how UIL looks for different things than BOA does, but this is the point where I throw my arms up and say that I've got to agree with this opinion. These results are just downright facepalm-worthy. I still love how UIL generally tries to look at who can flat out march and play the best with no GE involved, but the grading system needs an adjustment. Hopefully the finals results won't be quite as insane...