2014 Duncanville Marching Invitational

Wow... I thought Coppell would kill. You'd think after Coppell got 5th in finals at Denton and Haltom was 15th. And when Haltom went to St. Louis they still scored lower than Coppell. But, I guess different judges, different scoring so yeah...

Or Haltom has really caught fire the last few weeks?  Denton was almost a month ago and St. Louis 3 weeks, Haltom's just peaking when it matters, the Area video I saw was already VERY impressively cleaner than St. Louis, I can't imagine what they look like now.  I think Haltom's just gotten into a groove these past few weeks and they're running with it, nobody remembers those early season contests, it's how you finish, and they're finishing out their season strong.  At this rate it wouldn't surprise me to see them finish in the top 10 on Tuesday night.  Area wasn't a fluke, and I don't think this was either.   They're just getting better, and that's awesome!  Love their show this year.  

Haltom can make finals, there's only really two things holding us back from not making it. There's times where individual players are sticking out and it's been a recurring theme. Also we've got a lot of freshmen so we haven't played at the alamodome and the acoustics may be weird for some players if we don't execute how we know to perform. I'm just a current student and I didn't see the performance but let me know what you think we could improve on if you may please.

Or Haltom has really caught fire the last few weeks?  Denton was almost a month ago and St. Louis 3 weeks, Haltom's just peaking when it matters, the Area video I saw was already VERY impressively cleaner than St. Louis, I can't imagine what they look like now.  I think Haltom's just gotten into a groove these past few weeks and they're running with it, nobody remembers those early season contests, it's how you finish, and they're finishing out their season strong.  At this rate it wouldn't surprise me to see them finish in the top 10 on Tuesday night.  Area wasn't a fluke, and I don't think this was either.   They're just getting better, and that's awesome!  Love their show this year.  

Thank you, LKendrick. Yes, Haltom has stepped it up over the past several weeks. Polishing is what it's all about, right? They do have a LOT of freshmen this year, but with their outstanding upper classmen, things have really pulled together. Area definitely wasn't a fluke and Duncanville wasn't either. They are growing with each rehearsal and each performance. I appreciate your compliments and kind words. :)

I would like to add that Friday night's game was wonderful. Even though playing Southlake Carroll is no picnic for our football team, Southlake's fans are always the MOST gracious, lovely people. The band is also great! All of Haltom band parents agree: Southlake is our favorite place of the football season. Thanks to them for going out of their way to make us feel welcome! And thanks for how quiet you all became as we performed for you. What respectful, awesome people!

That was during preliminary awards that they won Outstanding Guard. I don't have the results sitting in front of me, but Westwood won Outstanding Guard in finals.

It was a GREAT competition! Loved seeing shows I haven't seen yet and congrats to all bands! We are SO proud of Haltom!! They really put everything out there on the field last night!!! Way to go PRIDE!!!

Centennial won outstanding color guard in finals not Westwood

Yes I loved Westwood's show, I did enjoy unique idea, I have never seen or heard of any show like it. Haltom had a very very strong run, I was watching it and completely sold on what they were giving the crowd. I didn't get to see Coppell or Waxahachie unfortunately because I was performing with Centennial. But I was highly impressed with everyone there and it didn't matter to me what place my school got knowing we were competing with some of the best bands in the state.

Haltom can make finals, there's only really two things holding us back from not making it. There's times where individual players are sticking out and it's been a recurring theme. Also we've got a lot of freshmen so we haven't played at the alamodome and the acoustics may be weird for some players if we don't execute how we know to perform. I'm just a current student and I didn't see the performance but let me know what you think we could improve on if you may please.

The AlamoDome is a tough venue, and it can really catch you off guard. I marched there twice for State Marching Contest - once when my band didn't make finals and once when we won the whole thing. The most important thing you can do is trust your drum major and not your ears! Do what you have been practicing for months to do, and don't let the acoustics throw you.