CyFair played a recording during all throughout their entire show in two competion I went to. Last week at UIL no recording. What's up? This deal about Seven Lakes consistently beating CyFalls and CyFair is true. What can you read from this? All three bands 3 weeks ago were separated by 0.7 points. They were close that day. A lot has changed I am sure for all 3 programs during the last 3 weeks that I am sure of. We will see which band has peaked at the right time. The band season is a marathon folks. I wouldn't put to much credence in the warm up races. Comment from spectator and finisher of 7 marathons.

My predictions for finals (as a marcher for one of the bands going to area): as unbiased as possible.

1. Clements - This band is a lock for this area year in and year out. Definitely will make state and probably the most consistent band in this area. If they slip, it would probably be from visual errors.

2. Seven Lakes - Consistent first place finishes over Cypress Falls and Cy-Fair this season. Good sounds too and a powerful opener.

3. Cypress Falls - Sophisticated show design mixed with an intense passionate brass. However, they suffer from fatigue harder than the two bands above the. They also need to clean some of the individual errors. This band has the potential to be first place but also can drop out of state just like 2 years ago. We'll see what will happen in their finals run. I expect them to come out with desire, after what happened to them two years ago (top 4 finish in prelims and then missed out on state by one)

4. Cy-Fair - Very cool show with great brass/ww's as well. I'm not sure what's going on with the stage because some people have said they have removed it but others say only for rehearsals/football games (this is according to the members I talk to that march at Cy-Fair)? This is one of the reasons I have them behind Falls. The other reason is the energy levels and achievement (Harder drill compared to Falls). Regardless, they are most likely in it for state.

5. Langham Creek - God, I really wish there was 5 bands going to state, because they belong at the state level for sure. Good show design but from what I've heard, there is lack of energy I feel like but is made up with beautiful clarity and the Langham sound that we've come accustomed to. I predict that Cy-Fair, Cypress Falls and Langham Creek chances at state depend on their finals run. All 3 are very strong contenders. This thread between CFmello, Baredex and kgs seems to only make things even more tense.. All i can say is, we'll see on Friday night.

6. SFA - Look out for an upset from this band. Don't have much to say but cool show,

7. Morton Ranch - same.

8. Cypress Ranch - this band has a lot of potential.

9. Jersey Village

10 - Kempner

I can't wait.

Stage will be there Saturday

My predictions for finals (as a marcher for one of the bands going to area): as unbiased as possible.

1. Clements - This band is a lock for this area year in and year out. Definitely will make state and probably the most consistent band in this area. If they slip, it would probably be from visual errors.

2. Seven Lakes - Consistent first place finishes over Cypress Falls and Cy-Fair this season. Good sounds too and a powerful opener.

3. Cypress Falls - Sophisticated show design mixed with an intense passionate brass. However, they suffer from fatigue harder than the two bands above the. They also need to clean some of the individual errors. This band has the potential to be first place but also can drop out of state just like 2 years ago. We'll see what will happen in their finals run. I expect them to come out with desire, after what happened to them two years ago (top 4 finish in prelims and then missed out on state by one)

4. Cy-Fair - Very cool show with great brass/ww's as well. I'm not sure what's going on with the stage because some people have said they have removed it but others say only for rehearsals/football games (this is according to the members I talk to that march at Cy-Fair)? This is one of the reasons I have them behind Falls. The other reason is the energy levels and achievement (Harder drill compared to Falls). Regardless, they are most likely in it for state.

5. Langham Creek - God, I really wish there was 5 bands going to state, because they belong at the state level for sure. Good show design but from what I've heard, there is lack of energy I feel like but is made up with beautiful clarity and the Langham sound that we've come accustomed to. I predict that Cy-Fair, Cypress Falls and Langham Creek chances at state depend on their finals run. All 3 are very strong contenders. This thread between CFmello, Baredex and kgs seems to only make things even more tense.. All i can say is, we'll see on Friday night.

6. SFA - Look out for an upset from this band. Don't have much to say but cool show,

7. Morton Ranch - same.

8. Cypress Ranch - this band has a lot of potential.

9. Jersey Village

10 - Kempner

I can't wait.

btw one of the most logical predictions I've seen. Energy levels up, stage will be on!

CyFair played a recording during all throughout their entire show in two competion I went to. Last week at UIL no recording. What's up? This deal about Seven Lakes consistently beating CyFalls and CyFair is true. What can you read from this? All three bands 3 weeks ago were separated by 0.7 points. They were close that day. A lot has changed I am sure for all 3 programs during the last 3 weeks that I am sure of. We will see which band has peaked at the right time. The band season is a marathon folks. I wouldn't put to much credence in the warm up races. Comment from spectator and finisher of 7 marathons.

Yup, no recordings allowed in UIL

My Finals Predictions, (I'll be marching at area, as unbiassed as possible but hey, I still have my opinions :D ) 

1. Seven Lakes: They have won every contest this year or at least beat out every Area E band that was there. Including Katy marching festival (they had the highest score but all KatyISD schools are scored separately). Very powerful brass, hits are loud but not "annoying". P.S. Love the Roman Pillars! 

2. Cy-Fair: Their show is amazing this year! Especially the musical aspect. Woodwinds are superb!! Drill is much harder than Seven Lakes; however, Seven Lakes preforms a much cleaner show. (But hey, a lot of cleaning can happen in a week!) 

3. Cy-Falls: I dont understand the contorversy in this forum about this band is... Their not nearly as bad as some of the haters say they are, but their not nearly as good as their followers (I'm assuming they're the Cy-Falls students on this forum) praise them to be. They're a superior band who's has obviously worked hard to make it this year. With that said, their show has major clean moments then, bam! all of the sudden it gets really dirty just to clean itself up again... However, that was just a video from a few weeks ago, and Cy-Falls is know for really focusing in and getting a lot better the last few weeks before Area.

4. Morton Ranch: This school has come a long way since it was founded in 2004 (Maybe not as well as Seven Lakes, but then again, who placed higher at BOA last year..) I really hope this band goes on to state this year. Their marching is far better than years past an their musical moments are very nice. Last time I herd them play their was some major turning issues but with that aside I know they can really shake things up in this area this year.

5. Clements: This is where my personal preference most likely comes in. I do not like Clements show this year. The singer is amazing and I don't mean this in anyway to bash her performance, but I don't like singing in marching shows, and I find their music very repetitive. Another thing, why the doors? Anyway, I don't understand why people have placed 1st when their are far superior bands in this Area.  I don't think making state in the past should be a reason to why you place bands in your state predictions (remember Cy-Falls in 2012). And to be fair, they blearily made state in 2012!!! Making 5th in prelims and barely squeezing by Cy-Falls and beating them by one point in finals for the state spot.... ( http://www.uilforms......lims 2012.pdf  http://www.uilforms......nals 2012.pdf ) Clements is an amazing band, I just don't see them making it this year.

6. Langham: I personally have not seen them preform yet but I can't wait until I do!! I know their band is not as good as they were two years ago (or in the early 2000's and late 1990's) This ranking is pretty much just based off of what I have heard. (Which could be completely wrong!) P.S. clowns freak me out!

7. SFA: Pretty much the same with Langham, I haven't seen them so I can't really judge them fairly. This is just on what I have heard. 

8. James E. Taylor High School: Im so disappointed this year in Taylor's progress this year! Verrrrrry messy show! I understand they got a new band director so their is a bit of a transition, but this is usually a solid group of players and performers,. They didn't even make BOA conroe finals this year! (after placing very high at BOA San Antonio last year!) Again, I'll give them a break this year because of the director dilemma, and I hope they dominate BOA next year.

9. Cy-Ranch: Not much to say they deserve to make finals. Pretty nice show overall, preformed very well.

10. Katy: I don't know why but I love this show so much. The toy theme just gets me everytime! Show preformed very well! I will be majorly disappointed if they don't make finals this year. They haven't made it in a while and I think this year is more than deserving! 

**Why Jersey Village isn't in my finals list: This band is way over hyped in my opinion. The fact that they're on peoples finals list really confuses me. Just because you have a great concert band doesn't mean their marching program is great. One of the judges game them at two at Region for goodness sake. ( http://www.uilforms.com/marchrptuilpublic.asp ) I don't think out of all the bands listed they deserve to make finals.**

In the end this is all just based on a few numbers and my own personal opinion. I can't wait until Saturday!!! :D  :P  B)

My Finals Predictions, (I'll be marching at area, as unbiassed as possible but hey, I still have my opinions :D ) 

1. Seven Lakes: They have won every contest this year or at least beat out every Area E band that was there. Including Katy marching festival (they had the highest score but all KatyISD schools are scored separately). Very powerful brass, hits are loud but not "annoying". P.S. Love the Roman Pillars! 

2. Cy-Fair: Their show is amazing this year! Especially the musical aspect. Woodwinds are superb!! Drill is much harder than Seven Lakes; however, Seven Lakes preforms a much cleaner show. (But hey, a lot of cleaning can happen in a week!) 

3. Cy-Falls: I dont understand the contorversy in this forum about this band is... Their not nearly as bad as some of the haters say they are, but their not nearly as good as their followers (I'm assuming they're the Cy-Falls students on this forum) praise them to be. They're a superior band who's has obviously worked hard to make it this year. With that said, their show has major clean moments then, bam! all of the sudden it gets really dirty just to clean itself up again... However, that was just a video from a few weeks ago, and Cy-Falls is know for really focusing in and getting a lot better the last few weeks before Area.

4. Morton Ranch: This school has come a long way since it was founded in 2004 (Maybe not as well as Seven Lakes, but then again, who placed higher at BOA last year..) I really hope this band goes on to state this year. Their marching is far better than years past an their musical moments are very nice. Last time I herd them play their was some major turning issues but with that aside I know they can really shake things up in this area this year.

5. Clements: This is where my personal preference most likely comes in. I do not like Clements show this year. The singer is amazing and I don't mean this in anyway to bash her performance, but I don't like singing in marching shows, and I find their music very repetitive. Another thing, why the doors? Anyway, I don't understand why people have placed 1st when their are far superior bands in this Area.  I don't think making state in the past should be a reason to why you place bands in your state predictions (remember Cy-Falls in 2012). And to be fair, they blearily made state in 2012!!! Making 5th in prelims and barely squeezing by Cy-Falls and beating them by one point in finals for the state spot.... ( http://www.uilforms......lims 2012.pdf  http://www.uilforms......nals 2012.pdf ) Clements is an amazing band, I just don't see them making it this year.

6. Langham: I personally have not seen them preform yet but I can't wait until I do!! I know their band is not as good as they were two years ago (or in the early 2000's and late 1990's) This ranking is pretty much just based off of what I have heard. (Which could be completely wrong!) P.S. clowns freak me out!

7. SFA: Pretty much the same with Langham, I haven't seen them so I can't really judge them fairly. This is just on what I have heard. 

8. James E. Taylor High School: Im so disappointed this year in Taylor's progress this year! Verrrrrry messy show! I understand they got a new band director so their is a bit of a transition, but this is usually a solid group of players and performers,. They didn't even make BOA conroe finals this year! (after placing very high at BOA San Antonio last year!) Again, I'll give them a break this year because of the director dilemma, and I hope they dominate BOA next year.

9. Cy-Ranch: Not much to say they deserve to make finals. Pretty nice show overall, preformed very well.

10. Katy: I don't know why but I love this show so much. The toy theme just gets me everytime! Show preformed very well! I will be majorly disappointed if they don't make finals this year. They haven't made it in a while and I think this year is more than deserving! 

**Why Jersey Village isn't in my finals list: This band is way over hyped in my opinion. The fact that they're on peoples finals list really confuses me. Just because you have a great concert band doesn't mean their marching program is great. One of the judges game them at two at Region for goodness sake. ( http://www.uilforms.com/marchrptuilpublic.asp ) I don't think out of all the bands listed they deserve to make finals.**

In the end this is all just based on a few numbers and my own personal opinion. I can't wait until Saturday!!! :D  :P  B)

Very nice review, and agree with most,

I have seen taylor, SFa , and morton ranch early season and really liked taylors show over morton ranch.. on that day.

I also do not like vocals in a marching band show, do you judge it like an instrument ?

I do not get the hype on lanham creek either, They have not beaten anyone this year and seem to be living on past  reputation. I have not heard any fans(only students of the band) jumping up and down for them on any forum. I walked away saying... good show but nothing really stood out and placed them at the top.

Makeing finals will be a victory for any of the bands this year as there is at least 15 bands that should be considered possible  finalist.

My pics

Seven lakes, CyFalls, Cy Fair, Clements( only because of Extreme Technique across the band ) advance to state.

I do think it is time for Area E to do like every other area in the state and advance more bands to area. Are E should have no less than 25 bands and advanve 5 ,

to state . there is too much talent that is not represented at the state level.

Very nice review, and agree with most,

I have seen taylor, SFa , and morton ranch early season and really liked taylors show over morton ranch.. on that day.

I also do not like vocals in a marching band show, do you judge it like an instrument ?

I do not get the hype on lanham creek either, They have not beaten anyone this year and seem to be living on past  reputation. I have not heard any fans(only students of the band) jumping up and down for them on any forum. I walked away saying... good show but nothing really stood out and placed them at the top.

Makeing finals will be a victory for any of the bands this year as there is at least 15 bands that should be considered possible  finalist.

My pics

Seven lakes, CyFalls, Cy Fair, Clements( only because of Extreme Technique across the band ) advance to state.

I do think it is time for Area E to do like every other area in the state and advance more bands to area. Are E should have no less than 25 bands and advanve 5 ,

to state . there is too much talent that is not represented at the state level.

Langham Creek has an incredible show design, incredible soloists, incredible color guard, and one of the most emotional musical moments you'll ever hear in send in the clowns. I wouldn't say they are a lock for state, but people aren't giving them credit.

Most marching band seems to grow on you the more you here it. Anyone who grew up in the sixties has heard Judy Collin's SEND IN THE CLOWNS hundreds of times. Langham does an excellent job with it. Personally I like pop songs with marching band competion. I am still waiting for that David Bowie themed show.

Most marching band seems to grow on you the more you here it. Anyone who grew up in the sixties has heard Judy Collin's SEND IN THE CLOWNS hundreds of times. Langham does an excellent job with it. Personally I like pop songs with marching band competion. I am still waiting for that David Bowie themed show.

I was thinking more like the stan kenton orchestra or maynard ferguson ...NOTJUDY COLLINS...This is a greaat moment in the langham creek show but they need more sound and power to get the full effect.

Look kid you should not be on here gloating right now. You are doing a piss poor job of representing your band. Yes it is exciting to go to state, heck my alma mater (Stephen F. Austin) is going back to state for the first time in nearly a decade. There are 3 other bands who advanced to state from this area and there were the 16 other bands who qualified to make area, they all put their heart and souls out on the field. I say congrats to all the bands who advanced to area, area finals, and on to state. You should do the same.

Agreed...

Look kid you should not be on here gloating right now. You are doing a piss poor job of representing your band. Yes it is exciting to go to state, heck my alma mater (Stephen F. Austin) is going back to state for the first time in nearly a decade. There are 3 other bands who advanced to state from this area and there were the 16 other bands who qualified to make area, they all put their heart and souls out on the field. I say congrats to all the bands who advanced to area, area finals, and on to state. You should do the same.

couldn't have said it better myself