I can only remember some of the scores our band director told us, but the order is

1st Friendswood with 11

2nd The Woodlands with 13

3rd Spring with 17

4th Pearland

5th Dawson with 32

6th North Shore with I think 33

7th Dickinson with I think 34 or 35 

Saw videos of Friendswood's prelims and finals performances. Music was clearer in finals, but they fell apart briefly after a flute soli dragged behind the drum majors. But don't get me wrong: Friendswood had two very, very solid performances on Saturday, especially visually.

Edited.  

Saw videos of Friendswood's prelims and finals performances. Music was clearer in finals, but they fell apart briefly after a flute soli dragged behind the drum majors. But don't get me wrong: Friendswood had two very, very solid performances on Saturday, especially visually.

Edited.

where did you find these videos?

Prelims (low quality):

Finals (high quality):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxh2Z2t6Fac

The opener and closer sound and look like they are pretty much completed. The closer speeds up every time I watch the show. At 6:50, the flutes drag a lot, which causes timing issues on the next brass entrance. However, timing was better during prelims in that same spot. 

Very nice show for Friendswood, they REALLY stepped up to the plate for 6A.  Excited to see how they do, love the Mishima opener.  

Oh, to have a band/guard that large.  Don't get me wrong.  Beautiful show (even as I watch it with sound off).  Just beautiful.  And those are the beautiful things you can do with that many kids.  Not surprised at all that Friendswood took the finals.  Hopefully they'll perform their full show at halftime against Clear Lake so I can see it first hand.  

I had all the bands called except I had Brazoswood and CP making finals and moving on, so I was surprised by North Shore.  I thought Dickinson and Dawson would be bubble bands for state.  Three points between them, so it was awfully close.

Anyway, tough day for our kids finishing 11th in prelims, but sincere congratulations to all the programs moving on.  They are a joy to watch.

... and REALLY can't wait to see Friendswood on Friday.

Yeah, there were some strange ordinals here and there. But overall, I think the judges did an outstanding job being consistent. 

Agreed.  It looked like was a remarkable consistency except for Pearland marching.  Wow.  One worst, the other judge almost best.  Wonder if there has ever been an eight place gap between two judges.  Only way it could be bigger would be one judge says they're the best, one judge says they're the worst.

I always jump to the band that barely missed.  If you look at J2, he/she has Dickinson and CP 8 and 9 with a 15 point difference or J3 with a 20 point difference.  Either of those two go the other way, and the outcome is different.

Life may have been better before the days of the internet when disappointed students, teachers, and parents could spend weeks dissecting results. 

Prelims Ordinals (3 music judges, 2 visual judges + total)

The Woodlands 1 1 2 1 4 (9)

Friendswood 2 2 1 3 3 (11)

Spring 6 5 3 9 1 (24)

Pearland 3 10 4 2 7 (26)

Dawson 5 7 5 4 6 (27)

Brazoswood 9 3 7 7 9 (35)

College Park 8 9 12 5 5 (39)

Dickinson 4 6 8 10 12 (40)

Oak Ridge 7 11 13 6 11 (48)

North Shore 11 8 9 13 8 (49)

Finals Ordinals

Friendswood 1 3 2 2 3 (11)

The Woodlands 2 1 8 1 1 (13)

Spring 4 2 1 3 7 (17)

Pearland 3 4 3 10 2 (22)

Dawson 8 5 4 5 10 (32)

North Shore 6 7 9 5 6 (33)

Dickinson 9 8 6 7 5 (35)

College Park 5 9 7 6 9 (36)

Brazoswood 7 10 9 8 4 (38)

Oak Ridge 10 6 10 4 8 (38)

So, three of the five judges had The Woodlands first in both prelims and finals. Friendswood, Area F champion, had one judge place them in first in finals. The 8th place music score in finals, probably from the guy that gave them the 4th place visual score in prelims, did The Woodlands in. This is why there needs to be a bad judge rule. Interestingly, the guy had Spring ranked first in visual in prelims and in music in finals. Spring has a great show, but methinks this older man was living a little bit in the past.

Here are the judges for State:

2014 UIL SMBC ADJUDICATORS

Rich Armstrong - Waxahachie High School, Waxahachie, TX

Bryan Christian - Vista Ridge High School, Cedar Park, TX

Phil Clements – Texas A&M University at Commerce

Chip Crotts - Georgia Tech University 

Chris Knighten - University of Arkansas

Jesse Leyva - Kent State University

Albert Lo - University of Texas at Brownsville

Michael Robinson - University of Georgia

Corey Spurlin – Auburn University

Mark Waymire – University of Southern Mississippi

3 of the judges (Chip, Albert, and Mark) are veteran BOA/DCI adjudicators in the music performance captions. Also, based on the listing of individuals, there doesn't seem to be an "older"/"bad" judge. So hopefully, each school will get a fair assessment.

Oh, to have a band/guard that large.  Don't get me wrong.  Beautiful show (even as I watch it with sound off).  Just beautiful.  And those are the beautiful things you can do with that many kids.  Not surprised at all that Friendswood took the finals.  Hopefully they'll perform their full show at halftime against Clear Lake so I can see it first hand.  

I had all the bands called except I had Brazoswood and CP making finals and moving on, so I was surprised by North Shore.  I thought Dickinson and Dawson would be bubble bands for state.  Three points between them, so it was awfully close.

Anyway, tough day for our kids finishing 11th in prelims, but sincere congratulations to all the programs moving on.  They are a joy to watch.

... and REALLY can't wait to see Friendswood on Friday.

We did a short throwdown show on Friday so Friendswood could do all their show in prep for BOA and State.

Wow.

It was worth it.  There were kids everywhere!  Very nice.  Good luck to them.