Well...Now what?

3 Texas "Dairy Queen" Regionals have come and gone and I gotta say that I have never been less confident in being able to predict the results that will come out of the Alamodome in a few weeks. Normally at this point in the season, there's some pretty obvious hints of who will be finishing on top in San Antonio, but I don't remember the top of the charts ever being so murky. You've got 3 bands who have won regionals (Bowie, Woodlands, Hebron), none of which are the always strong contenders of LD Bell and Marcus. Add CTJ, who has two silver medals so far, both that came nipping on the heals of regional winners, and you have 6 bands that I think not only have a chance at medaling, but SIX bands that have a legitimate shot at coming out on top Saturday night. Will LD Bell and Marcus surge to keep their strangle hold on the top spot? Or will we finally crown a new champion? When was the last time we could say that?

What makes this even more exciting?? 3 of these bands will be headed up to Indianapolis to represent us at Grand Nationals, and the other two bands joining them also medaled at the Texas regionals. I'm pretty confident all 5 of these bands will make finals, and hopefuly the eagle will finally end up back in Texas where it belongs.

It's a good year to be a TXBand fan. Something tells me we're gonna see some fireworks in the Alamodome in a few weeks.

I'm 80% confident The Woodlands will win San Antonio, unless one of the other 5 bands adds tons of good things to their show and improves like crazy, which is still a realistic possibility (especially with Marcus and Bell). As for places 2-6, I have absolutely no idea. I'd probably be better off flipping a few coins and letting that decide rather than actually trying to guess the order. San Antonio has just gotten so insanely competitive at both the top of the pack and the bottom of the pack of finals. It's a shame that all 6 of these bands aren't going to Grand Nationals. They would all probably make it, filling half of the finals slots at Grand Nats in the process. XD

I'm 80% confident The Woodlands will win San Antonio, unless one of the other 5 bands adds tons of good things to their show and improves like crazy, which is still a realistic possibility (especially with Marcus and Bell). As for places 2-6, I have absolutely no idea. I'd probably be better off flipping a few coins and letting that decide rather than actually trying to guess the order. San Antonio has just gotten so insanely competitive at both the top of the pack and the bottom of the pack of finals. It's a shame that all 6 of these bands aren't going to Grand Nationals. They would all probably make it, filling half of the finals slots at Grand Nats in the process. XD

I just watched The Woodlands' Conroe video, which is a little wonky (Mr. Video seriously screwed up the levels....volume all the way up and I can hardly hear anything), and they have a long, long way to go in terms of fine line perfection. I wouldn't predict them as such clear cut winners, especially considering the lack of footage for the Dallas bands.

But I agree, this is a **very** exciting year for Texas bands....

^ That's a very good point. Considering how much better Hebron got between Conroe and Dallas, I was sort of assuming The Woodlands had improved just as much (especially with their history of scoring way better late season). But you are right. This super regional is wide open for anyone to win.

I just watched The Woodlands' Conroe video, which is a little wonky (Mr. Video seriously screwed up the levels....volume all the way up and I can hardly hear anything), and they have a long, long way to go in terms of fine line perfection. I wouldn't predict them as such clear cut winners, especially considering the lack of footage for the Dallas bands.

But I agree, this is a **very** exciting year for Texas bands....

I would recommend the prelims video of TW. It's better not just in terms of sound quality, but also the performance. No musical tears. Also, it looks like it was filmed from higher up.

I just watched The Woodlands' Conroe video, which is a little wonky (Mr. Video seriously screwed up the levels....volume all the way up and I can hardly hear anything), and they have a long, long way to go in terms of fine line perfection. I wouldn't predict them as such clear cut winners, especially considering the lack of footage for the Dallas 

With all do respect its never a good idea to judge a show on a video and especially a bad one. I would say go by a week by week basis. There are a few more Hebron videos that I know of (can't say I haven't looked for others being a Hebron alum). However like its been previously said the video itself is from Conroe and different bands progress at different rates. I'd just try to compare scores and watch high quality videos so you can make better judgments.

This is a great year!  :)