UIL 4A State Marching Contest

Congrats for Lake Ridge on making it to State! I agree that both Centennial, Vista Ridge, and Vandergrift all have awesome shows, but Waxahachie is really surprising this year. Waxahachie absolutely dominated Area C, regardless that they only used Prelims results, and not to mention that this year, not all the bands that have medaled before are competing in State. I think this year is gonna be an interesting, especially for all of the people who are predicting that Waxahachie will not advance.

After hearing all these area results I took my predictions and made a nice firewood out of them because it's not what I was expecting, although my band is competing, it goes without saying, but it's going to be one roller coaster of a competition. We have dark horse, power house, top notch , and rising star programs competing this year.

I dont know why people counted Waxahachie out in the first place for finals. The past 2 state years, waxahachie has been in finals at state. Not to mention they dominated Area C receiving a 6 score and the next band having a 17. It is going to be a very interesting day nov. 5th.

okay so i keep seeing ALOT about leander and dripping springs being  huge competitors for winning but... they didn't make it past area. And Conally made it, do you think they have a chance? or was it a fluke?

In my opinion, anyone out of Area D has a legitimate chance at being a contender. It was a bloodbath yesterday, so many high-quality groups. I think even some of the ones who missed the finals cut (Georgetown, East View, Seguin, Hays) could have been very close to advancing to states had they been in another area, THAT'S how good the competition was. Connally absolutely has a chance- they surprised all of us, I think, by advancing to state, but it was definitely well-deserved.

I don't think Lake Ridge is as big of a competitor as everyone is making them out to be. They don't do a whole lot of marching.

I'm personally excited to see what Waxahachie, Friendswood, Vista Ridge, Dawson, and Vandergriff have to offer heading into San Antonio this year. It's going to be a fierce in the Alama Dome this year.

I really liked lake ridges show. it was very entertaining and was an obvious crowd favorite marching wise and musically was. What do you think about it?

I've marched shows in NY, and have seen bands from all over the northeast.  Watched numerous shows in Texas since moving here, and I can honestly say LakeRidge's show is out of the box.  No, it's not a traditional march, stand, play, march, stand, play show, but it's a crowd pleaser.  The end is amazing, to get the band to sprial in and out and back into straight lines while running and at the tempo they do it at is pretty much awe inspiring.  Their music is crisp, has good sounds.  I have other favorite shows as well (Wakeland, Waxahachie to name two), but that one is in a league all of it's own.

I dont know why people counted Waxahachie out in the first place for finals. The past 2 state years, waxahachie has been in finals at state. Not to mention they dominated Area C receiving a 6 score and the next band having a 17. It is going to be a very interesting day nov. 5th.

Wish Area C could have had Finals... but the top 5 would not have changed.  And yes, Waxahachie show was very clean.  Great trumpets, but didn't think there was much difficulty to the show.  I'm sure we will see them in state finals.