Best and worst Sportsmanship

Does anyone know the reason why Vandergrift left BOA not receiving their award and performing in exhibition?

According to a kid I know from Vandegrift, the band director decided to leave for two reasons.

1. He wanted to end their season on a good show

2. The band had a 4am call time and a game the night before so he wanted them to go get some sleep

Well at retreat for BOA San Antonio this year, I got in a group with kids from the Woodlands, CTJ, Round Rock, and Reagan. We all got in a circle, placed our shakos in the middle, and put our arms on each other's shoulders. Then we did the Hokey Pokey. I think that at that point, we didn't really care about the rankings, we were just glad to be there. That's what BOA is all about, right? It's also what I love about retreat. :)

I was A Round Rock kid there, that was fantastic :)

I want to add that at BOA SA, Marcus cheered for the bands that were announced from their school district, much like Haltom and Richland and Birdville HS's support and cheer for each other. I think it's wonderful. :) It's true that they live in the same community and often go to church together or work together, etc. Birdville ISD also has a college training center for all three schools. The kids end up in classes together as well. Going to the Tournament of Roses Parade two years ago as one, gigantic band also built a lot of friendships. It should be more common for the bands from the same district to cheer one another on. It's a heart-warming sight to see!

At the Haltom v Richland game, the bands even did the wave together, starting from the tubas from Haltom and going down and then back up the Richland side. They did it several times. It was very entertaining! lol

I'm in the Richland band and even though Richland and Haltom are rivals I love the amount of respect our bands have for each other and that we're all friends. And the wave at the game was so much fun! I remeber yelling "WE LOVE YOU HALTOM BAND' and them replying haha