2012 Westlake Marching Festival

I'm not sure how strict the Westlake folks were on the rules, but the LT battery was doing a full-blown warmup in the trailer/bus area well before their scheduled "official" warmup time. I thought it was strange when I saw it, but not sure if there was any penalty as a result of that. They were definitely not announced as a finalist band.

Also, major kudos to the Anderson kids. The sky opened up right before they went on so they scampered back into the building. Ten minutes later they came back out and were set on the field....and another major downpour started. So they ran back into the building again. Through all of that, they were extremely focused and professional.

Our band was not penalized in any way. The judges skipped over our name by accident when they were announcing finalists. And I believe the warmup you are referring to is the warmup we were given after the lightning alarms went off and we were forced back inside the school. When we got outside we started hacking away for a little bit and that may have been what you saw and heard. I wasn't aware of the drumline doing anything other than that.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our band was not penalized in any way. The judges skipped over our name by accident when they were announcing finalists. And I believe the warmup you are referring to is the warmup we were given after the lightning alarms went off and we were forced back inside the school. When we got outside we started hacking away for a little bit and that may have been what you saw and heard. I wasn't aware of the drumline doing anything other than that.

I know this is totally off topic, but your avatar photo is mesmerizing to watch. :P

I go to Bowie and hearing about what a great contest this was makes me sad :( Westlake is one of my favorite contests and it stinks that we couldn't go. Congrats to Round Rock on the win!

Wish you could've been there as well! Definitely would've given Round Rock a run for their money! It would've been a very tight contest for sure!

• 3 months later...