2011 High School Schows

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they use the music that's featured in the video, wow. :o That's some amazing music.

I'm not a fan of the (anticipated) ballad personally. I'm somewhat disappointed since the ballad used to be the part of L.D. Bell's shows that I always loved...more recently (only in 2010, anticipating this show too since I've yet to hear an arrangement of Vide Cor Meum that keeps my attention) I just skip over it. On a completely unrelated note, I'm curious to see what the uniforms will be like since Van Mathews likes having the uniform match the show concept. I kinda hope they go back to the white shako/plume personally...

Edited by Mellophone77

Love me some Shosty 10 B) . 'Vide Cor Meum' is a bit overrated, but you know it's going to be the heartmeltingest part of their show.

The fiery red wings are interesting....especially with the picture of them attached to a dancer, and also abstractly interwoven with what seems to be the emblematic representation of "The Circle's Edge" (looks like some kind of Event Horizon or something). Of course it leads me to wildly speculate. Could the wings mean Stravinsky's "Firebird"? Could it mean we'll be seeing colorguard members wearing wings? This of course leads me to the mad speculation that Whitacre's "Paradise Lost" might finally make it to the field (a mere pipe dream sadly, but I still dream nonetheless).

Tantalizing....can't wait til Fall. Also a shame we won't see a Grand Nationals realization of the concept, since they won't be going this year.

Love me some Shosty 10

It will be interesting to see Bell actually play some classical orchestral music this year, instead of their usual movie type music, it doesn't suprise me however when they have been getting beaten every year by Marcus HS who plays nothing but classical orchestral

• 2 weeks later...

Pflugerville H.S. - "Behind the Veil"

Someone posted the show much to youtube, hopefully there's no problem with me posting the link to it. Also, Idk if this is the full show, but it sounds like the director may be explaining some prop ideas at a point or two (if there's a problem with me posting a link to it, let me know and I'll remove it immediately).

Edited by Mellophone77

Pflugerville H.S. - "Behind the Veil"

Someone posted the show much to youtube, hopefully there's no problem with me posting the link to it. Also, Idk if this is the full show, but it sounds like the director may be explaining some prop ideas at a point or two (if there's a problem with me posting a link to it, let me know and I'll remove it immediately).

This is some really nice stuff...hope this turns out well for Pflugerville!

• 1 month later...

Centennial, TX: "Queen of Hearts"

DeSoto, TX: "Altered State"

Keller Central, TX: "Altered States"

Dancer in the Dark-Bjork

Hummingbrrd-Steven Bryant

Keller, TX: "Press Play"

Moonlight Sonata-Beethoven

Aha!-Imogen Heap

Time To Say Goodbye-Sartori

Farandole-Bizet

Trinity, TX: "Icarus"

Alegria-Fast Track-Cirque du Soleil

Turbine-John Mackey

Swan Lake-Tchaikovsky

Dance of Vengeance-Barber

Kaufman: "Atlantis"

Edited by dmbalash

• 2 weeks later...

Winston Churchill: "From Dusk To Dawn"

Featuring the music of Steven Bryant, Saint-Saens, Le Reve, and David Gillingham

The show opens in a beautiful brass moment in Steven Bryant's "Dusk" accompanied by sounds of the approaching nightfall. The full band takes up the theme and takes us through the tranquility and beauty of the setting sun, leaving us with a note of approaching night. As we venture into nighttime we use Saint Saens "Aquarium" to reflect the emergence of nocturnal sounds and creatures, giving a sense of activity to come. The Saint Saens takes us into "Filet" one of the pieces from the hit Las Vegas show "La Reve," which translates to "The Dream." This is the meat of the program -percussion moments, jazzy interludes, and grand musical themes all reflect the emotions you may experience over the course of dream-filled night. Finally, David Gillingham's "New Century Dawn" completes the production taking us from our dreams into a grand dawn full of sweeping melodies and the promise of a new day. It will be a terrific production and has all kinds of opportunity for presentations of color, sound and emotion.

Phantom '96 for the first 2 songs

They should just cut out Fire of Eternal Glory and call their show Defiant Heart

Well on the other hand at least they're being original. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Dripping Springs this year!

Edited by NickRC

Vandegrift High School 2011/2012 - "Visionary"

Featuring the music of Dmitri Shostakovich:

Ballet Suite 4

Symphony 12

Festive Overture

Symphony 5

Sweet another Shostakovich Production. I always love a good Shostakovich show!

Edited by NickRC

Dripping Springs Third Movement "Fire of Eternal Glory" from their show "451".

Pre-show and First Movement "Ballet Suite No. 4" from "451"

Second Movement "Symphony No. 10 Mvt. 2" and part of "Symphony No. 1 Mvt. 2" from "451"

I thought mabye y'all would like to see this. I'm not trying to say anything about who's better.

Edited by dstbone

• 2 weeks later...
Spirit of Waxahachie at Ice Cream Social 2011

Movements 1 and 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDcyQbNkl1U

Nice. Looking forward to seeing this live on August 27th! I believe this will be my first time to see

"The Spirit of Waxahachie" perform.

Best of luck to you and the band this year!

-- PBD

They should just cut out Fire of Eternal Glory and call their show Defiant Heart

Well on the other hand at least they're being original. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Dripping Springs this year!

Will they be wearing all-black uniforms, with a red sash across them?

Well, if you're going to copy a Phantom show, you picked a good one. And no one dies in that one. No one gets stabbed or speared or falls on their head.....

For those interested, I updated my website to show the titles and pieces used in the 2011 MB shows I wrote.

No, there are no recordings until after the season.

And no, I don't list who's playing what. :-)

http://www.danielmontoyajr.com/music-for-t...ield?category=5

Shot in the dark, but could you at least post the list of schools who're performing your work this year? (not who's playing what...just the list of schools)? :)