8 bands being added to State UIL 5A Marching Contest???

Has anyone heard about this? I have been told the contest will start two hours earlier so 8 bands who did not get to march in their respective finals because of weather will be coming to the State contest. Is this for exhibition or are these an additional 8? If they are competing will that change the number of bands advancing to finals? Does anyone know who these 8 are?

Has anyone heard about this? I have been told the contest will start two hours earlier so 8 bands who did not get to march in their respective finals because of weather will be coming to the State contest. Is this for exhibition or are these an additional 8? If they are competing will that change the number of bands advancing to finals? Does anyone know who these 8 are?

I highly doubt if this were to be the case that they would start 2 hours earlier seeing that the contest already starts at 7:30.

Two clarifications. I have NOT been able to verify this information today. Goodness knows I have tried. I have not gotten any denials which is a bit odd, but certainly no confirmations. RCB...I am not saying that at all. This is JMO, but if I was a director who was a bubble band and my kids were on the losing end of the weather stick, I might be pushing for another opportunity. Just sayin.

On another note. In no way am I or was I trying to start a TXbands riot. I was told a really weird piece of information and was trying to see if anyone else had heard such weirdness.

Two clarifications. I have NOT been able to verify this information today. Goodness knows I have tried. I have not gotten any denials which is a bit odd, but certainly no confirmations. RCB...I am not saying that at all. This is JMO, but if I was a director who was a bubble band and my kids were on the losing end of the weather stick, I might be pushing for another opportunity. Just sayin.

On another note. In no way am I or was I trying to start a TXbands riot. I was told a really weird piece of information and was trying to see if anyone else had heard such weirdness.

Well if this did occur, which bands would be added in for State?

I mean at Area B, the only harsh weather that occured was for the East show, and after the delay was lifted for the contest, everyone else had moderate weather.

I'm just highly confused on this matter.

Well if this did occur, which bands would be added in for State?

I mean at Area B, the only harsh weather that occurred was for the East show, and after the delay was lifted for the contest, everyone else had moderate weather.

I'm just highly confused on this matter.

That's what people are trying to figure out :P I wouldn't get any hopes up about going to state until you hear it from your director. I don't think this will happen, to be honest...I mean, only Areas B&C got finals canceled and if you add up the bands that didn't advance, you get 12...

Edited by Mellophone77

That's what people are trying to figure out :P I wouldn't get any hopes up about going to state until you hear it from your director. I don't think this will happen, to be honest...I mean, only Areas B&C got finals canceled and if you add up the bands that didn't advance, you get 12...

Well maybe they'll take the first alternates from each area?

That's the only thing I can come up with to get close to 8.

I will keep up with this thread and see where it goes, but I'm pretty sure its either rumor, or a first in State history.