2010 State Honor Band

I'm praying that this will convince Mr. Sealy to take the band to Nationals.

He always said, during my years there, that he wouldn't take us to Nationals unless he was sure we'd make finals.

I think they're on the verge of that now.

Also, wow, Lopez played some incredibly difficult music. Rite of Spring, Tchaikovsky's 4th Finale, and Gum Sucker's March all on one program? Amazing.

Edited by itsstephenyo

Marching works similarly to how the Honor Band process works. Bands are separated at the District, Region, and Area levels of competition. In order to advance to Area, a marching band must score a 1 at the Region level. I also believe that the band must have scored 1's at the previous year's concert band regional as well. Don't quote me on that though. It's been several years.

At Area, the number of bands advancing depends on the number of participants. At least 2 always advance.

Then at state it's just your normal marching band competition. Prelims/Finals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Good listing. I'm really happy for Lopez. That is a first for them, right?

Hey Daniel, do you know when the trailing 7 5As might be listed?

Perhap's Lopez's first appearance in the 5A Honor Band competition, but they have been perennial 4A State Honor Band participants. They were a runner-up something like 4 times before finally winning the 4A State Honor Band title. Very good musical group.

Edited by Shadow Weaver