marching band bus rides

We used to always sing Bohemian Rhapsody. On the way from BOA Arlington we watched Iron Man, Transformers, and some other movie I cant remember. Typically we just watch movies when we get charters.

Also, every male in the band packs enough food to last a week.

We do this silly thing where we all start singing past shows (everyone singing their respective parts) all the way back to the Senior's freshman year. It's pretty amusing because we usually forget parts when we go way back.

We also have a "reflection" time 10min before we get to the contest site where everyone stops talking and puts away all electronic devices and we all focus on what we need to get done on the field.

There used to be a little too much fun on our bus. Lets just say truth or dare would get out of hand. But that was back in the old days when I was a freshman and sophmore. Back then, we had the crazy seniors. In my upperclass years, the bus rides have been extrememly boring. I just keep my ipod in most of the time, and ocassionally I'll get in a deep conversation with one of my best friends.

when we went to state marching last year (for 4a)

our band boosters provided us with goodie bags

and pretty much everyone got the same stuff

chips, caprisun, stuff like that. buuut we had something special in this bag.

bags of planters peanuts. im not a fan of peanuts

and apparently noone else in the band was either

i threw mine at a friend whose attention i was trying to get

and soon after pretty much the entire bus was throwing their bags of nuts

at one another we even had the band director throwing them :)

we split the bus from the front half against the back half.

(we strictly limited the stuff we threw to the nuts

bcuz anything else woulda been waste lol)

than someone kinda got carried and accidentally hit the driver......

hence the end of the "nut wars"

Hahaha

(Drumline buses are by far the most fun)

We don't do much b/c we never have long trips :( , but a rule we have is we have to be absolutely silent whenever we are in a parking lot

We do too it's really dumb. Like whenever we go on long trips we can't talk until we reach the highway. (I think it's because our drum major was on her period though O.o)

we usually play games like one word sentence or the rhyming game where

we all clap and the first person says a word and you get three claps until

you have to rhyme with that word. it gets pretty ridiculous when the tempo speeds up.

like treblemaker, we also sing our past shows.

and when we make the last turn into our school,

we sing our alma mater. its tradition :)

Edited by AzNtRoMbOnEcHiCk

Let's see, back in high school on the way back from indoor drumline trips we would have Raves.

We would go out and buy 20 dollars in glow sticks bring a "boombox" with a bunch of techno mixes and just have a good time. On one trip we even brought a strobe light.

Of course all of the standards of bus travel like truth or dare, singing the marching shows and sitting with your bus buddy :)

Yup, college basketball band trips are so much better I hear. I'll let you all know in about a month.