Ensemble Visual: 19th

Overall Visual: 20th/21st

Music GE 1: 27th

Music GE 2: 21st

Overall Music GE: 23rd (tie)

Visual GE: 15th

"Overall GE": 21st

Ranking: 19th

Those Music exec scores make me happy in my pants :) . But it's the same story as Arlington; sounds great, but it's dirty as heck, and this definitely shows in the visual exec score. The visual GE being a little higher than the visual execution makes sense with all the staging, thematic material and better written, more difficult drill.

I'm happy with the placement and is actually a tiny bit higher than I predicted them to make. The only thing that bugs me is the Music GE score. I mean here we have a well programmed and beautifully written show by Mr. Montoya with spectacular-as-always percussion writing from Tyler Dempsey, all of which being obviously well performed playing-wise by the band based on looking up at those awesome Music Exec scores. And here I'm reading from Mr. Irons and people all over the forum and just people I know in general who are praising how entertaining the music is this year and how aesthetically pleasing it is and how well it's performed on the field and such.....and then there's the judges. 27th? *sigh*

But 29th @ SA in '05, 25th in '07 and 19th this year. If the trend continues they'll be in finals in a couple years....and that's good enough for me for now :) .

Edited by takigan

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we (College Park) got 16th which I guess is all right for our second appearance (up 7 spots from last year) but I am a senior, so I'm a little dissapointed, but I will make a prediction by the time our current freshmen are seniors we will have made finals at this event, but we did stay for finals and many shows were quite impressive and congratulationsto all those who made it.

huh, i noticed that in prelims cedar park got 3rd in music, but in finals CP got 10th. huh thats a little odd seeing as we had one of our better musical preformances. oh well. whats done is done

Uhh... no we didn't. Front Ensemble and Battery tore at the tempo change in the Opener, and we were off until the brass takes back the melody from the clarinets (m. 67). Apparently it wasn't very noticable from the audience, however.

Does anyone have the full recap score sheet? Like the one that was in the Arlington Forum?

Unfortunately I had to miss CP's show (again!!!) but my friends told me when I got back that about the falls. Actually, only about half my friends even saw the falls, proving that they weren't the most drastic things in the world. CP's show is amazingly challenging, and I'm sure they've experienced many falls before. Trust me, they know how to react.

it was in the back of the field. thats why so many people missed it. youre watching everything else going on youre not really looking for falling. you basically had to have seen it if you looked at the back

Uhh... no we didn't. Front Ensemble and Battery tore at the tempo change in the Opener, and we were off until the brass takes back the melody from the clarinets (m. 67). Apparently it wasn't very noticable from the audience, however.

Does anyone have the full recap score sheet? Like the one that was in the Arlington Forum?

huh, i herad nothing but good things from every one including some people from front ensemble.

well never mind then

I am just wanting to say what a great time I had volunteering/working at the BOA event again this year. I just had blast!!! I got to see LD Bell from the upper decks; got to see Marcus from the front ensemble area during their prelims; saw all the finalists on the lower deck near the 50 yard line. I feel fortunate to be able to see bands at differing viewpoints. (also went to all the UIL events too)

I had the wonderful privlege to 'work' the front ensemble area at BOA on Saturday, I think I have finally recovered, haha. I have met lots of hard working band parents, directors and band kids from all over Texas and a great, fun attitude. It's great to see a different viewpoint than from being a spectator in the stands.

It seems band kids are very well trained. When you tell them to do something, they pretty much take you very literally. When I first told the kids to leave their pit instruments and run and get their pics done-that is exactly what they did-just left them where they stood and left!! haha. ^_^ I had to state very specifically where they could leave them. I cannot tell you how many times I was practically run over by a marimba or two.(pit equipment is HEAVY and lots of it!!!-my child plays flute, so I really saw how hard pit kids work too) . I also cannot tell you how many people warned me about Marcus' many, many (big) props.

Major 'props' to the band parents 'cuz no band could afford to pay people to move all those instruments, props, kids, water coolers, etc....

Got to say hi to the guys from txbands.com

I can't wait to do it again next year!!! Am I a band parent, or what.....? B)