2008 Duncanville Marching Invitational

Hey mark your calendars!

november 1st!

2008 DMI

Who all is going???

Just wanna see, it is usually a very tough competition with tons of really good bands.

I know we are going again . ( mansfield summit)

feel free to let us know if you are, and thoughts of past competitions!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far that makes....

coppel

richland

mansfield

summit

feel free to add on to the list... or mbui can just do that thing where he finds a list somewhere online =D

I think wylie will be there, and haltom is always a recurring member.

man that's gonna be a good competition right there

I don't think such a list exists yet in complete form.

....mind you I'm not saying mbui still won't post a complete one that's in fact 100% accurate within the week.....all I'm saying is that it doesn't exist yet.

Edited by takigan

I don't think such a list exists yet in complete form.

....mind you I'm not saying mbui still won't post a complete one that's in fact 100% accurate within the week.....all I'm saying is that it doesn't exist yet.

That is correct, the list has not been completed yet. DMI is a very late season competition, so the list may not come out for a while.

you are missing out. BOA is amazing. imo...BOA>UIL. BOA has a lot more consistency in their judging. UIL Judges are all over the place.

hahha

idk

ive heard bad things about boa.

but its whatever im not against it, im not for it.

that's just how our band is.

no boa :P lol

you are missing out. BOA is amazing. imo...BOA>UIL. BOA has a lot more consistency in their judging. UIL Judges are all over the place.

BOA judges aren't consistent either but you don't get all the glareing examples of this like you do at UIL because BOA only has one caption that has more than just one judge (Music GE). Also, a lot of the problems with inconsistency at UIL State is that they tend to bring in out-of-state judges that aren't intimately familiar with the UIL judging system/ideals which are significantly different from other circuits. Back in 2004, Alfred Watkins (a BOA judge) was judging UIL State prelims and had SFA in 3rd in Music while the other two judges had SFA in 31st and 21st.

And yes, BOA is a much better "event" in that all of the pageantry and flow are much more professional and moving. I don't think nearly as many people would have as much of a problem with UIL if it weren't such a curmudgeon when it comes to pageantry.