2008 Cavaliers "Samurai"

MaverickBand15

is it just me, or does the guard seem rather weaker than in years past (granted, it's still relatively early in the season)?

I think there is a lot more emphasis on character this year with the Samurai theme. Execution seemed to be there this past Saturday night. We'll see how the judges see it when we go to a full panel after July 4th.

is it just me, or does the guard seem rather weaker than in years past (granted, it's still relatively early in the season)?

I think that the lines and things need to be worked on and the camera wasn't close enough to say if the gaurd was

doing a lot or not.

I think Cavies will do well this year.

I mean they do every year but its a good show. Good music(although could use more solos).

And although the lines weren't straight and things,

its beginning of the season and they will only get better as

the season continues.

Needs a lot of cleaning but I assume that all of the corps do since it is the beginning of the season. I really like their show and they do a good job at it.

On a side note, a tuba player from Southwest (graduated in '06) is marching with the Cavaliers this year.

Yeah i thought so too.

Like how many people would have a samauri(sp?) theme?

Our school did a samurai show back in 2006. I think it goes without saying that this is designed and executed thousands of times better than we ever could.

On a side note, a tuba player of ours who graduated in 2006 is marching with the Cavaliers, this year, for his first time. For that reason, I'm going for the Cavaliers this year.

I was extremely impressed with the quality of work that the Cavs put on the field this early in the season. They have a nice body of sound and the big cords are nice and fat. They could all around play more in my opinion though. There are a lot of drum breaks and pit moments. I would of liked to hear more from the winds. But in no way is the playing or the music weak. I just wish there was more to hear. Im very impressed with the drill design. Very fast paced, alot of straight lines, cool pass throughs, and cool GE. What else do you need? If they get those lines nice and straight and get the GE really clean this is going to be one power house of a show. I would expect the Cavaliers to be a really big power this year.

I was extremely impressed with the quality of work that the Cavs put on the field this early in the season. They have a nice body of sound and the big cords are nice and fat. They could all around play more in my opinion though. There are a lot of drum breaks and pit moments. I would of liked to hear more from the winds. But in no way is the playing or the music weak. I just wish there was more to hear. Im very impressed with the drill design. Very fast paced, alot of straight lines, cool pass throughs, and cool GE. What else do you need? If they get those lines nice and straight and get the GE really clean this is going to be one power house of a show. I would expect the Cavaliers to be a really big power this year.

Notice:"But in no way is the playing or the music weak."

• 1 month later...